FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[SPECS] Samsung Gear Circle - Member Thoughts, Experiences And Questions

6th March 2015, 06:55 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
O managed to find this guide. i will try it later and return with additional info:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...37&postcount=5

7th March 2015, 09:49 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
that did not work. i see the circle in gear manager, but still unable to communicate with it. any help?
thank you.
11th March 2015, 07:55 AM |#43  
san antonio
Thanks Meter: 23

More
i have a larger neck - the plastic thing cuts into my neck and the magnets separate sometimes when i turn my head. time to check out the lg tone+
13th March 2015, 08:24 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was going to purchase the Gear Circle but after trying it on and looking at the ergonomic button and mic placements. I decided to stick with my LG HBS850. The main thing I did not like about the Gear Circle is the placement of the mic, it picks up wind noise when I'm outside trying to talk on the phone. With the LG headset the mic is down on your neck so I can hide the mic in my shirt when outside which eliminates the wind noise when talking on the phone.
Last edited by scann; 13th March 2015 at 08:28 AM.
16th March 2015, 07:05 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by le0.br4zuc4

I had a Gear Circle for about a week. I didn't like as much as I thought I would. I have a Note Edge and a Gear S. My main headset is a LG Infinim but I thought I wanted to stay all Samsung, maybe I was missing on some feature or something.

Pros:
I like the idea of disconnect to answer, love that actually.
Battery life
Audio quality

Cons
The back part, where I'm assuming they keep the battery is "heavy" and weight is not well distributed. So when wearing it and working out, the battery doesn't sit on your neck, instead is falls behind your back and you feel it pulling the headset from your years. I hope I was able to explain it well enough.
I didn't find it confortable enough to wear it during the day. We go back to the weight not being well distributed.

For now, I'll keep my LG until something "better" comes out.

Did you use the plastic neck band meant to keep it from doing exactly what you described? I wear it when I'm working out and I've worn it all day. No problems. Only thing I wished it had was noise canceling mic. Seems silly it wasn't included.
16th March 2015, 04:14 PM |#46  
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 168

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick161

Did you use the plastic neck band meant to keep it from doing exactly what you described? I wear it when I'm working out and I've worn it all day. No problems. Only thing I wished it had was noise canceling mic. Seems silly it wasn't included.

Yes. That plastic is SUPER uncomfortable (at least after getting used to my LG). Also, let's be honest here. You buy a headset based on the features and design and the last thing you'd imagine is that when you open the box, that'd be some cheap, uncomfortable plastic support you need to put on a device in order for it to be usable.

I went back to my LG and not looking back.

I love Samsung products, except this one.
23rd March 2015, 07:27 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by le0.br4zuc4

Yes. That plastic is SUPER uncomfortable (at least after getting used to my LG). Also, let's be honest here. You buy a headset based on the features and design and the last thing you'd imagine is that when you open the box, that'd be some cheap, uncomfortable plastic support you need to put on a device in order for it to be usable.

I went back to my LG and not looking back.

I love Samsung products, except this one.

Interesting. I personally can't stand the wires hanging there on every LG save for their top model (infinum iirc). I couldn't justify spending more than double for the infinums over the circles.

Luckily for me the plastic band is completely comfortable.
13th April 2015, 06:01 AM |#48  
Flag Galle
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I love this a lot
I already ordered not yet received waited more than month

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobrel

I bought the the gear circle and I love it. It's lightweight. When I'm not using it i sometimes forget I'm wearing it. It also comes with 3 different neck guards to keep it in place so it won't slide or bounce even with one ear plug in. I have set up the eq and it sounds great.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

superb amazing
15th April 2015, 12:32 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pairing
I've had the gear circle for a couple of weeks now, but when I upgrade sometime in September I was wanting to switch from Samsung to another brand. I was wondering is it possible to lift the rescriction of using the gear app so I can continue to use it either on another brand device or on other systems entirely for example laptop or PS3?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread