Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
This has been discussed before, and the app can be used to give the thanks wanted. If it was up to me, do away with thanx. We're here for developing not thanks. Thread closed and btw thank you....

Judgment is here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand not wanting to "devalue" the Thanks feature. I get that. But consider this scenario:

You get a brand new phone (like, my new LG G3!). You need a guide to how to hack that specific device, which may need a guide just to figure out which guide to use if there are carrier specific models! You need to figure out how to unlock the bootloader, which requires rolling back the firmware, using a flashing tool, installing a new image, etc. Then you need to root. Then you need a recovery environment. Then you need a ROM, and perhaps a kernel. And some software.

You can see where this is going. That first day, you might want to thank 20 different people for their contributions! These are legitimate thanks, you're just doing more on XDA that day then you usually are.

I really don't see why 8 is the limit in these scenarios. Why not increase it like 20? Still limited, but more realistic on "busy" days like this.
    I think the thanks is a nice touch. I try to donate to people whenever possible. Some people don't want, or won't accept donations though. I'm sure those people still enjoy being thanked.

I think if the way the older members and site staff feel about Thanks is as indicated above, than the feature should just be removed.

Else, I think the limit should be removed. It's a quick change. I don't really see the harm in a post getting too many thanks.

I have left tabs open in my browser from yesterday, for the people I need to thank still. I still can't thank them because the time hasn't rolled around yet.
    I understand not wanting to "devalue" the Thanks feature. I get that. But consider this scenario:

You get a brand new phone (like, my new LG G3!). You need a guide to how to hack that specific device, which may need a guide just to figure out which guide to use if there are carrier specific models! You need to figure out how to unlock the bootloader, which requires rolling back the firmware, using a flashing tool, installing a new image, etc. Then you need to root. Then you need a recovery environment. Then you need a ROM, and perhaps a kernel. And some software.

You can see where this is going. That first day, you might want to thank 20 different people for their contributions! These are legitimate thanks, you're just doing more on XDA that day then you usually are.

I really don't see why 8 is the limit in these scenarios. Why not increase it like 20? Still limited, but more realistic on "busy" days like this.

that's maybe 8 thanks right there in your OP (S OFF then root, recovery, ROM, guides), and it's a one time deal... Also that phone is the extreme case...

I don't see where you'd need 20 honestly.
    At which time in GMT+1 can i re-do 8 Thanks?
    You can use your next days thanks 24 hours after the previous days. So if you use your first Thank at 10AM, your first one the next day couldn't be used until 10AM :)
    Thank's Limit

Warning! Long post!

that's maybe 8 thanks right there in your OP (S OFF then root, recovery, ROM, guides), and it's a one time deal... Also that phone is the extreme case...

I don't see where you'd need 20 honestly.

...but i do!
    8 Thanks is mayybe a little bit too low.

The 10-Post Rule isn't a big problem because 10 posts are easy-peasy :)

But the limit to 8 thanks is a problem (not a big one)

I don't want to sound stupid right here, but if i reach the Limit, i make a list of post which i still want to thank :laugh:

You can thank somebody at the next day, if you're not able to use the thanks button right now.

...but why don't do it RIGHT NOW instead of that day?
    Most of the users on XDA aren't Thank-Spammers.

There are more thank-friendly users that give a thanks for very small and big and useful posts (i am also one of these) but there are also members, who do this only for very useful posts.
    Using the thanks button is just polite.

And if somebody knows the 8-Thanks-Limit, he/she's possibly saving on thanks.

I am not someone who begs for thanks, but it's very rare to find a member which gets thanks for useless things like thank me and i'll thank your post.

• What is the limit actually for?
    • What do we want to prevent with this limit?
    • And why is the limit just 8?

I'm completely satisfied with my thanks-count of 39 :)

You can say that again!

Also 15 is very low for a Forum Moderator i think.

How about Administrators like @svetius etc.?
    What thanks limit have they actually got?
    20?

I don't have anything agianst XDA but when i came new to XDA, i thought that anybody's count of thanks were unlimited!

A bad scenario for members who die, if they get no thanks is the limit of INCOMING Thanks. But this limit does not exist!

...and also - there's no Post Limit / Login per day Limit / Quote or Meniton users-per-day Limit. But a limit of thanks that you can give per day.

Hrm... let's increase to 20.

What problems will come, if we incrase to 20?

fortunately, there's no Dislike/Thumbs-down button for posts :laugh: