Help regarding a strange SD problem.

Search This thread

zarkotom

Jul 13, 2013
Prologue:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus at the moment. In the past, I used a ZTE Blade. While I had my Zte Blade, I had bought a Toshiba 8GB Class4 MicroSD, for use on my phone. On January 2014, I bought my new phone, the Trend Plus. The card functioned properly on my new phone, until October-November of 2014

The Problem:

The microSD suddenly wasn't readable. On my phone, it was not recognised at all, except for the fact that when I removed the card, for a split second it showed the message [Preparing SD card...], and immediately afterwards [SD card has been removed. Insert a new one] on the notification area. When I tried the card on my Laptop, with it's own supplied Sony Card Reader, it did not show up at all. Neither at My Computer, nor on Disk Management. When I launch disk management with the sd card inserted, it hangs up on the [Connecing to Virtual Disk Service] message. What is more, if I launch the Disk Management without the SD inserted, it opens normaly, but when I insert it afterwards, and press refresh, it doesn't show up, and makes it hang up, and go Not Responding. Having searched a bit on the internet about my problem, I came up to the SD format tool, which did not work due to the fact that the sd doesn't appear. Also, when I launched it or refreshed it with the SD inserted, I had the same result as with the DIsk management. I tried changing the Readers frive letter, from E: to H: and K:, but none of them worked. Today, I tried inserting the SD to my Tablet (ICONQ brand, probably a Chinese OEM), which also did not recognise it. ONe thing though, the tablet has the option to Erase the card without mouning it it, which resulted to my phone showing the [Preparing SD card...] message for an infinite amount of time.

Side Notes:

1) 2 other sd cards have worked on all my devices, including Laptop, Phone, Tablet
2) My Card Reader is SDHC compatible
3) I cannot partition the sd with the APARTED tool from Play Store, as it cannot detect it
4) I had tried partitioning via CWM Recovery the 8GB sd, but reformated it during the Summer of 2014
5) My phone is rooted, running TouchWiz Android 4.2.2
6) My Laptop is a Sony VGN-SZ3XP, running Windows 7 Proffesional
7) My Phone's card reader is no damaged, as it recognises two other 2GB OEM cards.

Any help appreciated.
Sincerely,
Zarkotom​