[REVIEW] Audiomax HB-8A Bluetooth Headphones

Search This thread

atomfix

May 2, 2010
Caerphilly
Audiomax by AVANTEK has kindly provided these bluetooth headphones for review.

Packaging-

The packaging reminds me of the overpriced premium headphones that you get from “Dr. Dre Beats” but for the audiophiles, we all know that the beats are just overpriced gimmicks. But yes, what I’m saying is that there’s nothing wrong with the packaging. It gives them that stand out look that grabs your attention as you can see from the photos above.

Included in the box is:

HB-8A Headphone
Instructions
AUX Cable
USB – Micro USB Cable
Drawstring Pouch for safe storage

Design-

Kudos to Avantek/Audiomax, they have really thought hard on these headphones, no design flaws as of yet. The side of the headphones have a brushed aluminium finish to them, good job too as they stand out perfectly. Would I wear them outside. Of course! The cushions are extremely comfortable, after trying them for 2 hours I didn’t feel the need to take them off for a break. If they are too small for you, they can easily be extended just like any other headphones.

Sound Quality-

As you can probably expect what I’m going to say. The quality of the sound these headphones can produce is really good. I haven’t tried them loud but at a comfortable volume level that I can listen to all day. Even with some minor adjustments to the EQ (Equalizer) on my phone, there was no distortions. Even for Bluetooth you always worry about the fact as they are wireless that you might encounter some kind of distortion, but I didn’t.

I’ve tried these whilst cycling and did the job perfectly, I didn’t really notice any wind distortions whilst listening to music. I’ve kept my phone in the backpack without issue with the Bluetooth connection.

Features-

Pairing the headphones is relatively easy. Whilst the headphones are off, hold and long press on the call button, the headphones will power on, whilst still holding down, the light will flash blue and red (Pairing Mode) and phone picked up the headphones. Long pressing again will turn it off.

There’s 2 volume buttons next to the call button so no need to use your phones volume control.

The headphones also come with a built-in microphone. After testing with Skype I was heard clearly without the trouble of repeating myself, but this also depends on the quality of your broadband connection to the end-user your trying to communicate with.

Specifications-

Bluetooth CSR 4.0
aptX
Integrated Microphone
Noise Cancelling Technology
Range 8-10 Meters
Call – Music playtime: 19 hours
Charging time: 2-3 hours, depending on charge.
Information below is taken from the product page. Source from Amazon.

Exquisite Sound Quality

With their state-of-the-art drivers, the headphones deliver crystal-clear highs, vigorous mids and deep bass for the richest listening experience. The Apt-X technology provides high-speed transmission while the passive noise isolation technology filters out ambient noise for maximum audio quality.

Convenient Use

The on-ear stereo headphones provide an impressive hands-free solution for receiving calls and streaming music. To pause or resume music in Bluetooth mode, just push the Power/Call button. When a call comes in, simply push the same button to answer, or hold the Volume Up button to reject. Easily change volume or track number by pressing the Volume Up/Next Track and Volume Down/Previous Track buttons.

Comfortable Design

The aluminum construction keeps the headphones light but sturdy, and the foldable design allows you to take them wherever your day takes you. The ultra-soft ear cushions ensure a snug seal while the adjustable, air-quilted leather headband provides maximum comfort for extended wear.

Verdict-

Would I recommend these headphones? YES! not only do they look great, but they produce amazing sound quality. Getting a pair of the Audiomax HB-8A Bluetooth headphones is something that you won’t regret, if you’re looking for a new pair that is.

The headphones have been rated Gold from Reviews Insider.

Sample pictures are located on the original review located Reviews Insider I can't get the pictures to size correctly on this forum sorry.

ellmoon

Sep 2, 2015
Thanks for the review. All my earphones are IEMs(in ear) because I think over ear headphones are heavy. Though Audiomax HB-8A has aluminum construction, do you think it will fit comfortably with a person like me who is used to wearing IEMs?