Post EnerPlex Jumpr Slate 10K Review

I picked up this thin 10,000 mAh power bank last week at a kiosk in the Cherry Creek mall near my house. I was in the market for a small and powerful powerbank to keep my phone and tablet charged throughout the day and found this is a great solution. Here are my thoughts:

The Jumpr Slate comes extremely well packaged in this orange box. On the front is the usual branding it states that it is a 10,000 mAh powerbank with 2x 2.4A outputs. The packaging looks and feels solid.

On the back of the box are more details on what sets this powerbank apart from the pack like an industry leading 93% power transfer ratio, its light and sleek design at 6.7mm thick and only .77 lbs, and a badge showing that it meets worldwide safety standards (UN 38.3). There is also a list of devices that can be charged with the Jumpr Slate 10K.

The overall design of the Jumpr Slate is very nice. It is only about a half inch thick and the pattern on the top is simple yet provides a clean and industrial look, as well as providing a nice texture to grip onto.
The binder holes on the side make it easy to conveniently clip the Jumpr into a a notebook, and the thin design means it takes up very little space in a tablet case or briefcase. There is the EnerPlex branding in the corner but it is not over branded or too in your face.

On bottom panel there is a mini USB input to charge the Jumpr, and two 2.4A USB outputs. There is also a small button for turning the Jumpr on/off, and 4 LED indicator lights that display the amount of charge that the Jumpr has left.

To test out the Jumpr Slate 10K I let the battery in my Galaxy S4 run all the way down and I then used the Jumpr to recharge it. It took about the same amount of time as charging from a wall outlet, same with when I plugged in my GoPro. After charging both devices the indicator showed 50% battery life.... not bad.

PROS:
Charges devices as fast as outlet
Extremely thin and light
2 USB Outputs

CONS:
Will not charge laptop
Recharge time of about 10 hrs

Overall I love this thing and it has a permanent home in my computer bag. I also bring it with me to provide a backup charge to my GoPro when adventuring in the Colorado Rockies.