Micro SD-Card Problem

Tip us?

folkbytes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Micro SD-Card Problem

Greetings everyone,

I tried finding a solution for this problem for quiet a while now already, but I simply can't find one.
I have a 64gb sdxc card by Sandisk and it doesn't work properly anymore.

The problem is, that it restores the partition always over and over again when I try to partition or format the sd card.
Like when I delete the partition and apply the changes and the card is beeing mounted again, it shows the same partition with the same files again before I deleted it.

Is there a way to fix this? Because except from that problem it works as it should.
Could it be that write protection issue I've read about here?
It first appeared when I used Omnirom for a while on my S3

Thanks in advance for your help

mojito13
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkbytes View Post
Greetings everyone,

I tried finding a solution for this problem for quiet a while now already, but I simply can't find one.
I have a 64gb sdxc card by Sandisk and it doesn't work properly anymore.

The problem is, that it restores the partition always over and over again when I try to partition or format the sd card.
Like when I delete the partition and apply the changes and the card is beeing mounted again, it shows the same partition with the same files again before I deleted it.

Is there a way to fix this? Because except from that problem it works as it should.
Could it be that write protection issue I've read about here?
It first appeared when I used Omnirom for a while on my S3

Thanks in advance for your help
How old is the card? Any noticeable cracks, burns, or damage to the contact on the card?

digijedi007
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Your card might be bad, I have had a bad experience with sandisk memory cards , i bought one and had to exchange it 5 times for a new one , finally i did get a reliable one.So if possible see If you can return it
Owner Of http://basicfixing.com/ (pc hardware and software tips, reviews of phones,pc accessories,games.)
Phone History

(R=Retired)
Samsung D500(R) > Samsung E370(R )> Samsung E250(R )> Lg KP265(R) > Nokia N70 (R) > Nokia N70 (R) > Sony Ericsson Xperia X2(R)
>HTC Wildfire(Buzz)(Backup)(Cynogenmod 7)

> Huawei Ascend P6-U06(Current)(DIY ROM- B510 Based With Added mods)

People instead of saying thanks please use the thanks button instead

P6 Common Issues & Fixes

folkbytes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Not sure how old the card is. Should be around a year I think.
The card has no damages from the outside. The pc can read it too, same for my phone. I can't write files on it or format it or delete partition.
When I remove the card and put it back into the reader, it has the same status as before I changed it.

I read too, that sandisk seems to have problems with their cards lately. Especially this 64gig model.
I guess too that it is really bad and no good anymore.

digijedi007
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You should at least be able to return it since sandisk has a lifetime warranty (and seeing as there is not physical damage they will probably replace it with a bit of convincing)
Owner Of http://basicfixing.com/ (pc hardware and software tips, reviews of phones,pc accessories,games.)
Phone History

(R=Retired)
Samsung D500(R) > Samsung E370(R )> Samsung E250(R )> Lg KP265(R) > Nokia N70 (R) > Nokia N70 (R) > Sony Ericsson Xperia X2(R)
>HTC Wildfire(Buzz)(Backup)(Cynogenmod 7)

> Huawei Ascend P6-U06(Current)(DIY ROM- B510 Based With Added mods)

People instead of saying thanks please use the thanks button instead

P6 Common Issues & Fixes

bentleyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
As convenient as SD/micro's can be, they seem to have plenty of issues like this. Certain brands work wonders for some people and some are lemons. I've always had a good experience with Sandisk, but see if they'll replace it or check out Kingston or Transcend or another brand.

folkbytes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm gonna do that. Thanks for the help so far.

datphu2811
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Default Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkbytes View Post
I'm gonna do that. Thanks for the help so far.
Try repair by MMC Medic app.