FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Review of ESCAM Pearl QF100 IP wireless camera w/lots of pics!!!

3,172 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,429

By vectron, Senior Member on 12th August 2014, 02:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th May 2015, 08:03 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There seems to be an updated firmware available at the Escam site. VERY slow download for me at least, but I'll try it as soon as it's done downloading. Funny thing, I bought my first QF100 a few months ago and it has a firmware version starting with 0, now I bought another and the firmware version starts with 112 and the camera looks a bit different (lan port is on the other side, wifi antenna not the same etc) but it should be the same product. The first camera has some text and date/time imprinted on the image whilst the second doesn't.

e: After upgrading firmware is version 112.50.64.53 and everything seems to be working fine, also time and date disappeared from the live video.
Last edited by d0gi; 5th May 2015 at 08:22 PM.

11th May 2015, 11:56 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Weird how they update the product without changing the model or revision number.

Do you like the firmware you're on?
The one I have works ok so I didn't upgrade. If you look at my screenshot the version it tells me available is CH50.0.1.12 but I am already on CH50.0.1.13. The other bugs I notice are with the interface on the IOS settings screen. Some of the options appear blank when trying to change them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0gi

There seems to be an updated firmware available at the Escam site. VERY slow download for me at least, but I'll try it as soon as it's done downloading. Funny thing, I bought my first QF100 a few months ago and it has a firmware version starting with 0, now I bought another and the firmware version starts with 112 and the camera looks a bit different (lan port is on the other side, wifi antenna not the same etc) but it should be the same product. The first camera has some text and date/time imprinted on the image whilst the second doesn't.

e: After upgrading firmware is version 112.50.64.53 and everything seems to be working fine, also time and date disappeared from the live video.

13th May 2015, 03:07 PM |#93  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassam

Weird how they update the product without changing the model or revision number.

Do you like the firmware you're on?
The one I have works ok so I didn't upgrade. If you look at my screenshot the version it tells me available is CH50.0.1.12 but I am already on CH50.0.1.13. The other bugs I notice are with the interface on the IOS settings screen. Some of the options appear blank when trying to change them.

It's certainly much better than the "original". I've always had UI version CH50.0.1.13 on both cameras and not going to try the downgrade, it's probably a bug with the updating system. But device firmware 112.50.64.53 I can recommend, no problems at all.
22nd May 2015, 02:08 PM |#94  

More
Issues...
Hi all,
I just updated my QF100 with the latest softwares but I a have the same issues than before:
- No possible to send email (but the same settings work perfectly with my other IPCam FOSCAM)
- Some random reset each day or 2 days. In fact it's not a complete reset but only the camera "head" which comes back to the initial position.
Other topic: how do you read SD videos with another software than camera soft ? The player delivered on CD is not working (only sound, black screen)

Thanks a lot for your answers.
24th May 2015, 11:50 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

I got confirmation that outdoor camera they have right now will not integrate with their app. They are working on a new version of outdoor camera (I just assume the same guts as QF100 inside of their current outdoor camera enclosure), and I will update my review as soon as I get a sample!

Can you share what are the outdoor models if you got the chance to review them or have information from other sources?

Going by the youtube reviews, QD500 seems to be compatible with the app, but it would be nice to get a confirmation before buying.
What about QD300? Seems a prefect fit for my purpose, but seems as the software is bad and there are no real reviews.
24th May 2015, 11:53 PM |#96  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,429

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmarnik

Can you share what are the outdoor models if you got the chance to review them or have information from other sources?

Going by the youtube reviews, QD500 seems to be compatible with the app, but it would be nice to get a confirmation before buying.
What about QD300? Seems a prefect fit for my purpose, but seems as the software is bad and there are no real reviews.

Sorry, they never got back to me regarding outdoor cameras
24th May 2015, 11:56 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Sorry, they never got back to me regarding outdoor cameras

Oh well.
Could you take a glance at the youtube videos of qd500 and qd300 to check if it's the same app as the qf100?
31st May 2015, 04:15 PM |#98  

More
How satisfied are you with the motion detection? Mine seems to either nor react to anything or the slightest movement of ANY size.

I have it aimed out a windows and it either doesn't react to cars approaching or it records all the time, witch I'm guessing is due to leafs moving on one of the trees.
27th June 2015, 03:39 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
It's been a while i haven't been around.. Still no way to change master password? And to use it as a streaming cam or such?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread