FORUMS

Review of Intocircuit® Power Castle 12000mAh Portable Dual-Port External Battery Pack

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Mon431, Member on 4th February 2015, 04:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is an amazing battery with a great build quality and performance that is just out of the park!

In the box, you get the battery itself, a micro USB cable, a really nice carrying pouch, a HISCARD warranty card, and an instruction manual.

First Impressions: This is so nice! It feels so smooth and premium in your hands. The orange parts of the battery finish it off very nicely. Pressing the button to illuminate the battery percentage blew me away. It is a really bright blue LED indicator that grows on you immediately. Using it was a breeze. I simply used the supplied cable and plugged it into the battery. I then plugged that into my phone, and it was charging. I didn’t even have to press the button, it detected that the device was connected automatically.

After using this for a while, I can safely say that this is downright a great battery! It does exactly as it promises and this is a product you have to have in this day and age if you don’t already. I was able to charge up my Samsung Galaxy S3 in no time with the 2.1A port. If you ever find yourself with no place to plug in your phone and/or if your phone dies, this will be your savior. This battery is just that good, I don’t know what else to say. Intocircuit got the design, build, performance, and feeling just right! It’s a perfect battery, and I haven’t experienced any conflicts with it.

I would recommend this to anybody who is in the market for a well-priced battery that has a great build quality, feels good, and works well.

Overall, this is a great product and I highly recommend it. One of my favorite things about this battery isn’t just the metal build, but also the carrying pouch. It is a great accessory that makes this product perfect!

I was provided a unit for testing purposes and I promised to provide a completely honest and fair review.

Unfortunately, I cannot post the link to this product on Amazon because posting commercial links is forbidden, but you can find it on Amazon by searching for the product's name that is in the title of this thread. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150203_213901.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	3148857   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150203_214123.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	3148858   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150203_214204.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	3148859   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150203_214216.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	3148860   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150203_214357.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	3148862  

11th February 2015, 11:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just ordered one of these and am waiting for it to arrive. It's looks great and seems a bit slimmer than last year's model while having a larger capacity.
11th February 2015, 06:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,542

More
Yes, last year model (11,200 mAh) was not good. Very poor efficiency where you loose over 40% of capacity after conversion and also a poor standby time where I suspect LED display was draining the battery at high rate.
@Mon431, charge it up to 100% and set it aside for a week, and come back with a reading of remaining battery without using it to charger anything. See if it drains in standby. Also, you can try how many times you can charge a phone or a tablet with a known battery capacity off this 12000 mAh battery to see the actual capacity.
12th February 2015, 08:23 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Yes, last year model (11,200 mAh) was not good. Very poor efficiency where you loose over 40% of capacity after conversion and also a poor standby time where I suspect LED display was draining the battery at high rate.
@Mon431, charge it up to 100% and set it aside for a week, and come back with a reading of remaining battery without using it to charger anything. See if it drains in standby. Also, you can try how many times you can charge a phone or a tablet with a known battery capacity off this 12000 mAh battery to see the actual capacity.

Good idea @vectron, I've started the standby experiment like you mentioned. It's been one day and so far, it is still at 100%.
27th February 2015, 03:45 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

I decided to do your experiment for an extra week, just to see how it would hold up. After two weeks of not using the battery after fully charging it, the battery is still at 100%! This battery definitely has a great standby time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mon431 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)