Review of VSonic VSD3S / VSD3 in-ear headphones with removable cable w/lots of pics!

Search This thread

BZyno

Sep 2, 2013
Great review! Im thinking of getting these ones myself.

In the review from lachlan, he mentioned that the earpieces are quiet large. I have fairly small ears and I was wondering what the measurements of the earpieces are, so that I can check if they will fit my ears or not. Would help me out a lot :)

vectron

Apr 23, 2011

In the review from lachlan, he mentioned that the earpieces are quiet large. I have fairly small ears and I was wondering what the measurements of the earpieces are, so that I can check if they will fit my ears or not. Would help me out a lot :)

I'm surprised he mentioned earpieces were too large, and as you have seen a number of people (myself included) replied that it has a perfect fitment ;)

I just took a measurement, and it's about 15-16mm across the longest side of the earpiece.

Reactions: BZyno

Shezoid

Feb 21, 2012
Tashkent
Can you make a little comparison between VSonic VSD3S and UE600? Which is sound better? Currently both cost equally around 45$. Will be interested to know. Zaranie Spasibo :)

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Can you make a little comparison between VSonic VSD3S and UE600? Which is sound better? Currently both cost equally around 45$. Will be interested to know. Zaranie Spasibo :)

3S has more sub-bass and overall warmer, while UE600 have a better mid-bass punch/attack (more aggressive) and brighter when it comes to upper mids/treble. UE600 is kind of mid-centric bright with a bass punch. It's more typical for balanced armature drivers, that's what in UE600. While 3S has dynamic driver, and those are usually warmer with better and deeper bass. Overall, 3S will be warmer and more laid back, while UE600 brighter and more aggressive. Another thing, 3S can only be worn with wire up over your ear and it has detachable cable, though mmcx connector is proprietary. UE600 is wire down and in general if that cable breaks, you have to throw away headphones. Just something to keep in mind. Oh, and Ruki Vverh will sound great on both :D

Reactions: Shezoid

Shezoid

Feb 21, 2012
Tashkent
Thanks for the great music example, you win the jackpot. Just looking for IEM for synth, dreamwave, 80's and EDM music :)
Hard to listen to modern and synthetic music without sub bass texture... How good and aggressive earphones wouldn't be. IMHO.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Blue + Red VSonic VSD3S in ear headphones

removed.

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Review of VSonic VSD3 in-ear headphones

removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalar

NandorHUN

Nov 15, 2014
So, you suggest us to buy the Silver Plated 5N OFC cable instead of the "original" silver upgraded cable for this earphone?

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
So, you suggest us to buy the Silver Plated 5N OFC cable instead of the "original" silver upgraded cable for this earphone?

VSonic "original" upgrade cable (silver plated) is not good. Lunashops upgrade cable has a much better quality with a more noticeable sound improvement.

NandorHUN

Nov 15, 2014
OK, thanks. I hope it last longer than the original one, it went silent after 3 months of use.

Last edited:

MITOSH MORA

May 20, 2015
Quick but genuine review of the Vsonic VSD3

Okay the first thing I would like to say about these earphones is that they look and sound incredible for its price. However, I found some glitches that one cannot simply overlook!!! Following are issues I found with The Vsd3:
1. The earphones are too big and pains after a period of time. If you have small ears then these aren't for you, as they are big and little heavy than the GR07.
2. The bass and vocals are good crisp but the treble can be bit harsher for most of our normal ears. If you are an avid psychedelic trance listener (like me) then these model's treble can be a bit of a issue.
3. The cables are strong but the end where it connects to the jack is weak and can give issues in the coming time or depending on the user usability. Vsonic should have given a L-shaped connector jack.
4. Dont buy the detachable ones!!!

Otherwise the sound is par. Low are mids are crips with the highs being bit shrilling.
Go for these earphones if you get less than $60 or else go for GRO7.

I would suggest the Audio Technica ATH-CKX9 / CKX9is (both are same with mic and smartphone buttons' difference) over the VSD3. The CKX-9 cost around $70 to $90 but gives performance like the 3x costlier klipschs or the Shures. Even the build quality is nice and worth every dime you would spent on it!!

Note: I own both of above-mentioned earphones.

Last edited:
Reactions: vectron

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm surprised he mentioned earpieces were too large, and as you have seen a number of people (myself included) replied that it has a perfect fitment ;)

I just took a measurement, and it's about 15-16mm across the longest side of the earpiece.

3S has more sub-bass and overall warmer, while UE600 have a better mid-bass punch/attack (more aggressive) and brighter when it comes to upper mids/treble. UE600 is kind of mid-centric bright with a bass punch. It's more typical for balanced armature drivers, that's what in UE600. While 3S has dynamic driver, and those are usually warmer with better and deeper bass. Overall, 3S will be warmer and more laid back, while UE600 brighter and more aggressive. Another thing, 3S can only be worn with wire up over your ear and it has detachable cable, though mmcx connector is proprietary. UE600 is wire down and in general if that cable breaks, you have to throw away headphones. Just something to keep in mind. Oh, and Ruki Vverh will sound great on both :D
    Review of VSonic VSD3 in-ear headphones

removed.
    Quick but genuine review of the Vsonic VSD3

Okay the first thing I would like to say about these earphones is that they look and sound incredible for its price. However, I found some glitches that one cannot simply overlook!!! Following are issues I found with The Vsd3:
    1. The earphones are too big and pains after a period of time. If you have small ears then these aren't for you, as they are big and little heavy than the GR07.
    2. The bass and vocals are good crisp but the treble can be bit harsher for most of our normal ears. If you are an avid psychedelic trance listener (like me) then these model's treble can be a bit of a issue.
    3. The cables are strong but the end where it connects to the jack is weak and can give issues in the coming time or depending on the user usability. Vsonic should have given a L-shaped connector jack.
    4. Dont buy the detachable ones!!!

Otherwise the sound is par. Low are mids are crips with the highs being bit shrilling.
    Go for these earphones if you get less than $60 or else go for GRO7.

I would suggest the Audio Technica ATH-CKX9 / CKX9is (both are same with mic and smartphone buttons' difference) over the VSD3. The CKX-9 cost around $70 to $90 but gives performance like the 3x costlier klipschs or the Shures. Even the build quality is nice and worth every dime you would spent on it!!

Note: I own both of above-mentioned earphones.