Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken screen....

Tip us?

XxTeXx07xX
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Broken screen....

OKay so I broke my outter screen a few weeks ago and it finally got so bad i decided it was time to replace it. Im a pretty handy guy so I looked up on ebay and seen the replacement screen was only like $10.00. Not bad at all so I called a phone store to see how much for them to do the replacement..... One store wanted 160$ I was like ohh heck NO soo being a contractor remodeling houses and being such a handyman I thought I would just do it myself! Well I ordered the screen and waited patiently for it to arrive. Well last night it finally came in the mail..... OH YEAH... Well make a long story short my phone is screwed!!!! Everything went fine (so i thought) till i put the battery in and turned it on AND NOTHHING !!! My screen is black out!!!! Worst experience ever.... I cant stand being without my phone! Moral of this story I guess THANK GOD FOR PHONE INSURANCE!!!! I never put insurance on any of my phones till I got the Galaxy S3 and Im glad I did! If your screen is crack and you think its looks so easy watching someone on youtube do it. You got another thing coming buddy.... Take it to a PRO or you better have INSURANCE !!!!! THANK GOD BOOST HAS GOOD INSURANCE!!! LOST/STOLEN/DAMAGED Im still waiting for my claim to be approved but its my first ever so Im pretty sure I OK... GET INSURANCE ON YOUR PHONE!!!! or you will be screwed.
Samsung Galaxy S3
[KITKAT 4.4.2-ND8-ROOTED_DEODEXED]
[KERNEL]: NexTkernel v1.0-[LINARO]

Verttex
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Did you follow a guide and order from a trusted vendor? Most devices have screen replacement guides online and are usually pretty easy.
Do you have a Moto X and you want to root it? Use TowelPieRoot!

Previously Known as: Dier325

Bink Feed
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 566
Happy for you bro, but wait for result sometimes they are pretty greedy and won't pay any claim

Sent from my beastly SM-T320

TiTAN-O-One
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Hmm, did you replace the screen according to guides???

Sent from the internet
Samsung Galaxy W (Ancora)
Dopod 838 Pro (hTC Hermes)

droidagnostic
Old
Thanks Meter 15
@XxTeXx07xX

Sorry about your phone.

I recently had to replace screen glass on my SGS3 and I have a similar background to you so I think the same thing, I got this...

The written guide that came with my replacement glass made no sense.

Then I found on XDA somewhere a link to this guy on youtube and with a video and it went pretty smooth.

Guess I got lucky, sounds like you may have damaged the digitizer under the glass.

I also watched his other video about all the ways it could go wrong first.

Probably won't help you but might help the next guy.