Definitions

9th August 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Olean
Thanks Meter: 73

344 posts
More
I have read many threads on here about people saying that their phone is bricked, but it turns on. I am posting below how to tell the difference in issues with your android device.

Softbrick: when phone is in bootloop and the only way to resolve is by flashing a rom in recovery.

The best thing to do whenever getting ready to flash a new rom is make a nanoback up!

Nano backup: Saving a rom at a working state so that in case there is an error flashing a new rom you can get back to where it once worked, and then possibly figure out what went wrong.

Bootloop: Whenever your phone just shows the manufacture logo, and reboots and then just keeps showing the manufacture logo, and no loading into rom.

A boot loop happens when you are trying to boot a rom not meant for your device.

Kernal: This is software that allows your phone software to interact with your hardware. It contains the major information that is needed for boot and your phone drivers. There is a line in the kernel that called "bootclasspath", and if this isnt what it should be for your device, you will get a hard brick as this line tells your phone how to boot.

Only way to resolve a hard brick:
1)Send into JTAG service to fix
2)Using a JTAG to fix yourself

JTAG: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...-riff-box.html

If you have any question please dont hesitate to ask here or pm me.
10th August 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 566

4,418 posts
More
Kernal should be kerne! 😂😂😂

Sent through my beastly SM-T320 using Tapatalk⁴
The Following User Says Thank You to Bink Feed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Thanks for the info. I have yet to brick a phone. I'm very meticulous about steps in flashing roms, mods, etc. But I do know that one simple mistake and I'm in that camp.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Bones519 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in General by ThreadRank