Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,636 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Extracting APN details from Softbank Android

Tip us?

cswarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Info 2 [Q] Extracting APN details from Softbank Android

Hey everyone!

I signed up to be with Softbank(Jp) last year and got myself the Sharp 203sh, it's a good phone but I wanted a new phone. I did a bit of research and found a few sites with the SIlver Sim card APN setup and thought it'd work for the new phone.
Today I recieved the phone and inserted these settings but it couldn't connect to the data services but only the calling services.

I did more research and found out that android devices from softbank uses a unique username and password for their APN.

Does anyone know how to extract the information out from my softbank droid? If i root my phone (i don't know if i can unroot it) and use catlog , would i be able to grab the information?

any help is appreaciated! thanks in advance!!

puchg350
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Silver SIM

Will you please give me the details about Silver Sim card setup? I have a silver SIM but cannot even use calling services. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswarrior View Post
Hey everyone!

I signed up to be with Softbank(Jp) last year and got myself the Sharp 203sh, it's a good phone but I wanted a new phone. I did a bit of research and found a few sites with the SIlver Sim card APN setup and thought it'd work for the new phone.
Today I recieved the phone and inserted these settings but it couldn't connect to the data services but only the calling services.

I did more research and found out that android devices from softbank uses a unique username and password for their APN.

Does anyone know how to extract the information out from my softbank droid? If i root my phone (i don't know if i can unroot it) and use catlog , would i be able to grab the information?

any help is appreaciated! thanks in advance!!

cswarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchg350 View Post
Will you please give me the details about Silver Sim card setup? I have a silver SIM but cannot even use calling services. Thanks
Sure i`ll PM you the info. I`ve got the silver sim that comes with a 2year contract though, are you using the same one?

puchg350
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, but somehow I found the solution. My Silver SIM is only good for old phones, but not for smart phones. It seems I must replace the SIM. If it doesn't work, I will ask you for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswarrior View Post
Sure i`ll PM you the info. I`ve got the silver sim that comes with a 2year contract though, are you using the same one?

cswarrior
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Oh I see, that's cool, hopefully it does out for you.I really want to sort my apn issue out but no luck

Sent from my SBM203SH using XDA Premium 4 mobile app