Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Is there a Free App Store?

OP yahanna

14th October 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

121 posts
Is there an alternative play store where you can download free apps from? I hearf its illegal.
14th October 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 280

1,608 posts
More
Edit: actually there are legal alternative app stores out there, but most of the ones I know are in Chinese. Can you read Chinese?
14th October 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper.fishes

Edit: actually there are legal alternative app stores out there, but most of the ones I know are in Chinese. Can you read Chinese?

No I cant read chinese. But maybe its possible fo translate the website into english. What website is it?
15th October 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #4  
LA
Thanks Meter: 10

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper.fishes

yeah , so many free app market in Chinese
The Following User Says Thank You to higherway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

7 posts
not find yet
15th October 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 81

452 posts
More
What you need apart from google
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahanna

Is there an alternative play store where you can download free apps from? I heard its illegal.

there are times when people ask about these questions. When you purchased android at that time you paid Google fees to use their services. well for this today they got biggest application pool. I mean play store has all the available apps that anybody need (for free). i saw apple where most of the things looks beautiful and also they are good but most the best stuff is paid. Those Chinese you will install are not certified to be safe by Google. that will put you to risk of leaking your personal info on internet. Just install apps that came from good source. well installing from anywhere does not give you best apps.. be safe and play safe.. this is what is my reply to you.
15th October 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 19

129 posts
More
You may be referring to Aptoide which is sort of an aggregator of multiple user managed stores. These users may or may not provide apps that you usually have to pay for in Google Play. Its like torrents, the medium is not illegal but the content may be.

Of course downloading such apps from unofficial sources without paying for them is illegal and I do not recommend doing this at all because you are directly hurting the developers who spend a lot of time and resources to make apps and games. It is as bad as stealing. Also, there is no guarantee that any app downloaded from any store on Aptoide has not been tampered with and may contain malicious content like trojans, etc. You download apps from unverified sources at your own risk.

I must emphasize again, it is morally and legally wrong to commit the act of piracy and apps do not cost much at all, if you can afford a smart phone you can surely spend a couple of bucks now and then to buy apps else find what you need in the free app universe.

Might I suggest GetJar as an alternate which provides some paid apps for free somtimes or other unlocks, etc.
15th October 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #8  
Flag Apache Junction
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
More
F-Droid
This may not exactly be what you're looking for, but there is F-Droid, which is a repository of Free and Open Source Software. May be worth the look.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicolepark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
I don't understand why there isn't a top free games section on the play store, free games can make far more money than one with a price.
15th October 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 95

320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3992

I don't understand why there isn't a top free games section on the play store, free games can make far more money than one with a price.

there is.....

Last edited by pbanj; 15th October 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread