FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Unbricking Alcatel OT Idol (any) devices!

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys, right today, I'm going to do my first mini-guide, on how to flash any Alcatel One Touch Idol-series device, that flashing process will unbrick it in any way, so if you bricked it playing with system settings or system files, this will help you to unbrick it. Let's go:

Rememember: I'll not take responsability of ANYTHING that happen to your phone.
Suggestion: Don't re-flash it if it's just running slow, it's a VERY dangerous task, before, try doing a Factory Reset!

Okay, in my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) the ways that Alcatel (or better meaning, MediaTek-based devices) handle flashing processes, is:

PRELOADER > DSP_BL > UBOOT

That, meaning, if you don't touch (badly) those partitions on the phone, you shouldn't get it bricked, doing anything yo do, it shouldn't get never hard-bricked. Then, start the unbrick process:

REQUIRED:

- SP Flash Tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3m...1344.0.212.zip(external link, not by my own)
WARNING: Later versions may give you an error, and shouldn't complete the flash process, take care!

- Alcatel MT6577 Drivers: (just for MTK MT6577-based phones, you may download yours) it's for Alcatel One Touch Idol 6030a, the one that I own. (uploaded by me) http://www.mediafire.com/download/bu...OM_drivers.zip | MIRROR - on MEGA - (also by me)

- Alcatel One Touch Idol 6030a Flashable Files (all in one pack, created by me): https://mega.co.nz/#!5w4yRTbb!2JM2gq...WYGCDetkBfxicg
NOTE: Also contains Scatter file, so your phone don't need to boot to start the flash process.

Now, press "Download", the program will wait for your phone around 2 minutes, connect it, but before, make sure that it's off (shutted down) and connect it to USB while pressing Volume Down ( - ) key!

Then, pray to whatever you believe, and let it flash until it says 100%.

If it's says that:

Then, you're done, enjoy your re-flashed phone!

If I helped you, please press "Thanks", it's free
Last edited by facuarmo; 6th April 2015 at 01:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to facuarmo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift facuarmo Ad-Free

6th April 2015, 01:31 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pilar

More
Drive Custpack.img
I forgotten to upload the CUSTPACK.IMG, if you need it, it's here, separately from the pack, because it will get the pack to the double of it's size: https://mega.co.nz/#!ZwgFUA5K!RDmxsh...j6PTB15CRvHK-U

I hope you have luck
Last edited by facuarmo; 21st March 2016 at 12:45 AM.
8th April 2015, 07:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pilar

More
Reserved for future usage.
Last edited by facuarmo; 21st March 2016 at 12:46 AM.
13th January 2016, 10:58 PM |#4  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
hello i nedd some files apdb -modemdb to repair my imei... where can i find those???

Saludos desde Venezuela XDDd
20th March 2016, 02:30 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pilar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmosqueda

hello i nedd some files apdb -modemdb to repair my imei... where can i find those???

Saludos desde Venezuela XDDd

Hi, sorry for the later response. I recommend you trying to find them on the packed backup that I've uploaded here. I'm unable to re-backup exactly those files and send them to you, because I've sent the device to it's extended warranty, and then, they gave me a voucher in order to bought another one.

-----------------------

Hola, discpúlpame por responderte tan tarde, te recomiendo que intentes encontarlos en el paquete de copia de seguridad que subí aquí. Actualmente no dispongo del dispositivo para realizar una copia de seguridad de, específicamente, dichos archivos, ya que lo envié a la garantía extendida y me dieron un voucher (es una especie de cheque, en caso de que no sepas su significado) para comprar otro equipo, debido a la falta de repuestos.
21st April 2016, 05:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hola ....gracias por el post muy bueno solo se necesita hacer unos cambios al los archivos emm que se desempacan, asi mismo hay que bajar el custom.img para dejar tu telefono nuevamente trabajando.....
luis/guatemala
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel, android, flash, idol, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)