This guide requires that you have first rooted your device, so google 'Root LG G Vista' if your device is not yet rooted.
1. Backup your current LAF partition in case you'd like to boot to LG download mode in the future (instead of fastboot):
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf of=/sdcard/laf.img
2. In order to boot your LG G Vista into fastboot mode, we need to zero out the LAF partition:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
3. Now you will be able to boot into fastboot mode! Power off your device. Now while holding volume up key, attach usb cable to phone, and plug into your computer. The phone will boot into fastboot mode (It will say DOWNLOAD MODE at the top, but it should now say 'fastboot processing commands')
4. Now you are ready to unlock your LG G vista! Using the fastboot tool on your computer, run the command 'fastboot oem unlock'. The bootloader will now be unlocked.
5. Verify bootloader is unlocked by removing the battery from your phone, and booting back into fastboot mode. Now run the command 'fastboot getvar all'. You should now see the following: 'Unlocked: Yes'
6.In order to flash Philz CWM recovery, boot into fastboot mode, and run the command 'fastboot flash recovery vs880_cwm_recovery.img' with the file attached to this thread.
Congrats! Your Verizon LG G Vista is unlocked with Philz CWM Recovery, and it is now possible to develop custom roms for the Verizon LG G Vista.