FORUMS

[GUIDE][FIX]Fix SystemUpdateService wakelock on latest Google Play Services

1,794 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
By vaisakh7, Recognized Contributor on 21st March 2015, 11:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is a fix for SystemUpdateService wakelock on latest Play Services update.

Requirements:
  • Autoruns from F-Droid
  • Root
  • Privacy Manager/AppOpsXposed
Procedure:
  • If you have a built-in privacy guard on your rom,disable WAKEUP and KEEP AWAKE of Google Play Services(recommended).If you don't have it, try AppOpsXposed
  • Open Autostarts and grand root access.
  • Search for SystemUpdateService and disable the following receivers

  1. SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
  2. SystemUpdateService$Receiver
  3. SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver

  • Now reboot the device and enter recovery
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache and Reboot
  • Recheck if the receivers stay disabled on reboot

If you still have the wakelock.Try this
  • If you have already disabled the update services using any other tools,you'll have to re enable them before trying this.
  • Now try the above fix.
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache and Reboot
  • Now look for the wakelock.
  • Report Here

No more SystemUpdateService wakelocks


Here's the screenshot after the fix.No more Google Play Services in battery stats.
Last edited by vaisakh7; 29th April 2015 at 10:39 AM.
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to vaisakh7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st March 2015, 11:36 AM |#2  
shaggyskunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 7,875
 
More
Thanks for your post - But I think that it's also device specific - I've got a Note 4 with the latest play services - The fix for not getting Deep Sleep was to toggle NFC off and on - Reboot.
Sleeping like a baby - This fix has solved the play services issue for numerous other Note 4 owners running AOSP Roms & the latest play services.. 😉

"Bye bye Sweet Canadian Moonshine"
Sent from my SM-N910W8
21st March 2015, 11:49 AM |#3  
vaisakh7's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Thanks for your post - But I think that it's also device specific - I've got a Note 4 with the latest play services - The fix for not getting Deep Sleep was to toggle NFC off and on - Reboot.
Sleeping like a baby - This fix has solved the play services issue for numerous other Note 4 owners running AOSP Roms & the latest play services.. 😉

"Bye bye Sweet Canadian Moonshine"
Sent from my SM-N910W8

This is specifically for fixing SystemUpdateService wakelock.
Anyway thanks for the info

Tapped from my furious ZR
22nd March 2015, 06:16 PM |#4  
beautifulsun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
I'm testing autostarts, but why entries are all doubled? with one I have to choose?
22nd March 2015, 07:46 PM |#5  
vaisakh7's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsun

I'm testing autostarts, but why entries are all doubled? with one I have to choose?

Search for systemupdateservice and disable the services mentioned in the OP

Tapped from my furious ZR
23rd March 2015, 06:29 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
I've installed Autostarts stand alone on Paranoid Android rom, based on Android 4.4.4 (Play Service 7.0.97), and i don't find the three services mentioned in OP. It's normal?
Last edited by Trotto@81; 23rd March 2015 at 06:51 PM.
24th March 2015, 10:36 AM |#7  
air001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Me too. On SP with PA 4.6 BETA2 (4.4.4)
But I can break down Play services wakelock with Wakelock Terminator.
And I get Google services wakelock.
24th March 2015, 10:46 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by air001

Me too. On SP with PA 4.6 BETA2 (4.4.4)
But I can break down Play services wakelock with Wakelock Terminator.
And I get Google services wakelock.

Paranoid Android is dead, Gapps of TKruzze are deads. I'm disappointed.
24th March 2015, 10:48 AM |#9  
vaisakh7's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotto@81

I've installed Autostarts stand alone on Paranoid Android rom, based on Android 4.4.4 (Play Service 7.0.97), and i don't find the three services mentioned in OP. It's normal?

Open Autostarts and search for SystemUpdateService.You'll find the entries.And disable those.

Tapped from my furious ZR
24th March 2015, 10:51 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakh7

Open Autostarts and search for SystemUpdateService.You'll find the entries.And disable those.

Tapped from my furious ZR

I've sercherad, but i don't see the services.
Can you post a screenshots?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes