Thanks Meter 204
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northwest Jersey
(Guide) How to use AdAway to update CrossBreeder's master file.
Hi CrossBreeder users.
This question often comes up in the CrossBreeder
forum so I decided to put together a quick tutorial.
Once CrossBreeder is installed, you can update CrossBreeder's master (hosts) file by following these few steps;
1) Open AdAway
2) Select the menu button then preferences...
3) From the menu select "Target hosts file" then "Custom target"
4) From the menu select "Custom target" , type in /system/etc/CrossBreeder/dnrd_root/master
then press OK.
5) If you would like automatic AdAway updates, check off the following;
a) "Check for updates daily"
b) "Automatic update"
c) "Update only on WiFi." This selection is optional.
6) Return to the main screen.
7) Select "Download file and apply ad blocking"
8) Select "NO
" to Symlink missing!!!
9) Close app, you're done!
If you later wish to update manually, repeat steps 1, 7 through 9. Automatic updates appear not to work when the Symlink is missing.
(Please totally disregard the "Disabled" and "Simlink Missing" banners
. We are using AdAway only to update our master file. We are not using AdAway to block ads, hence the message.)
If this post was of help, kindly click "Thanks" !
Motorola Droid X, Verizon .621 GB, CrossBreeder
Asus Transformer TF101 (idcrisis 1-click root)