Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL][KITKAT 4.4.2] Micromax Canvas Knight A350

Tip us?
 
shubhamraj
Old
(Last edited by shubhamraj; 7th July 2014 at 07:35 AM.)
#1  
shubhamraj's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2014
Storage [ROM][OFFICIAL][KITKAT 4.4.2] Micromax Canvas Knight A350

Initially released Knight had jelly bean 4.2.2. Newer canvas Knight has KitKat 4.4.2. The update is not available for older devices till now. So here is the official Kitkat ROM for Canvas Knight A350.
Changelog
-Lower heating
-Better performance and RAM management
-Better battery backup
-And all other inprovements of KitKat over Jelly Bean.

Link:
http://support.moulnisky.com/index.p...re%20Versions/
Select V2_040614_KitKat then download ROM

Flash using SP Flash tool
Flashing guide are available at other XDA threads.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shubhamraj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rakesh.aggarwal
Old
#2  
rakesh.aggarwal's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 45
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Faridabad
Thumbs down Kitkat is slow compared to Jelly Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamraj View Post
Initially released Knight had jelly bean 4.2.2. Newer canvas Knight has KitKat 4.4.2. The update is not available for older devices till now. So here is the official Kitkat ROM for Canvas Knight A350.
Changelog
-Lower heating
-Better performance and RAM management
-Better battery backup
-And all other inprovements of KitKat over Jelly Bean.

Link:
support.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/00_A%20Serie/A350/Firmware%20Versions/
Select V2_040614_KitKat then download ROM

Flash using SP Flash tool
Flashing guide are available at other XDA threads.


While I have used the Jelly bean and Kitkat both. I have found that Kitkat is way too slow for this phone. Looks like they need more improvement for the phone.
 
shubhamraj
Old
#3  
shubhamraj's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default KitKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.aggarwal View Post
While I have used the Jelly bean and Kitkat both. I have found that Kitkat is way too slow for this phone. Looks like they need more improvement for the phone.
Me too found kitkat a bit buggy and unstable but on switching from dalvik to art, all was fine. So I am currently using KitKat with art. This is better than jelly bean.

And have u rooted knight with KitKat. I had rooted jelly bean but could not root KitKat, so if u have rooted KitKat please share the method
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhamraj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
krissbhavya
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Nov 2010
Is it works on 2ghz. Version device?

Sent from my Micromax A350 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
shubhamraj
Old
#5  
shubhamraj's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissbhavya View Post
Is it works on 2ghz. Version device?
Of course it is for 2ghz devices.

Sent from my Micromax A350 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhamraj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Praful Pradhan
Old
#6  
Praful Pradhan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Question what is dalvik to ART?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamraj View Post
Me too found kitkat a bit buggy and unstable but on switching from dalvik to art, all was fine. So I am currently using KitKat with art. This is better than jelly bean.

And have u rooted knight with KitKat. I had rooted jelly bean but could not root KitKat, so if u have rooted KitKat please share the method
what is dalvik to ART? please explain!
 
shubhamraj
Old
#7  
shubhamraj's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praful Pradhan View Post
what is dalvik to ART? please explain!
Search google regarding that. Simply understand that dalvik is more stable but art is more faster and battery consuming. To enable go to developer options in settings.
 
krissbhavya
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default heip

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamraj View Post
Initially released Knight had jelly bean 4.2.2. Newer canvas Knight has KitKat 4.4.2. The update is not available for older devices till now. So here is the official Kitkat ROM for Canvas Knight A350.
Changelog
-Lower heating
-Better performance and RAM management
-Better battery backup
-And all other inprovements of KitKat over Jelly Bean.

Link:
http://support.moulnisky.com/index.p...re%20Versions/
Select V2_040614_KitKat then download ROM

Flash using SP Flash tool
Flashing guide are available at other XDA threads.
bro rom in two parts kindly guide me to right process to flash from both parts
 
shubhamraj
Old
#9  
shubhamraj's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissbhavya View Post
bro rom in two parts kindly guide me to right process to flash from both parts
See carefully there and extract contents of both in one folder so that the folder has files named recovery, boot, ebr, scatter, system, secro, etc.
 
Praful Pradhan
Old
#10  
Praful Pradhan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 46
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Thumbs down Slow Kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.aggarwal View Post
While I have used the Jelly bean and Kitkat both. I have found that Kitkat is way too slow for this phone. Looks like they need more improvement for the phone.
This kitkat is very slow and even issue in the downloading from whatapp, link not opening !!1

Any solution????

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more