Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Straight Talk Information! (If Anyone Cares)

OP SilverbulletZ

4th September 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I did a search and couldn't find anything related to this, so I thought I'd post it.

Straight Talk allows Verizon 4G phones on their network!!!
To be specific, I checked a few ESNs with their system as well as chatted with a person on this, and you can in fact bring over a Verizon 4G phone and use it with Straight Talk. This is CDMA ONLY, and you will be limited to 3G speeds.
I will be verifying this in the next few days when my new (used) phone gets here. If it doesn't work, I will be sure to let everyone know/delete this thread.
I was quite pleased to hear this because I was tired of having to look for 3G phones that are all outdated, and ST's smartphones can be expensive. I was able to pick up a near-mint LG G2 for less than ST's GS3. But, we'll see if it works!
5th September 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #2  

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbulletZ

I did a search and couldn't find anything related to this, so I thought I'd post it.

Straight Talk allows Verizon 4G phones on their network!!!
To be specific, I checked a few ESNs with their system as well as chatted with a person on this, and you can in fact bring over a Verizon 4G phone and use it with Straight Talk. This is CDMA ONLY, and you will be limited to 3G speeds.
I will be verifying this in the next few days when my new (used) phone gets here. If it doesn't work, I will be sure to let everyone know/delete this thread.
I was quite pleased to hear this because I was tired of having to look for 3G phones that are all outdated, and ST's smartphones can be expensive. I was able to pick up a near-mint LG G2 for less than ST's GS3. But, we'll see if it works!

CDMA leftover problems
8th September 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Please delete this thread, I was incorrect. Straight Talk WILL NOT activate 4G LTE phones on a CDMA only network. I was misinformed.
Sorry everyone.
Last edited by SilverbulletZ; 8th September 2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: a word
10th September 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
thanks
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread