Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Straight Talk Information! (If Anyone Cares)

Tip us?

SilverbulletZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Straight Talk Information! (If Anyone Cares)

I did a search and couldn't find anything related to this, so I thought I'd post it.

Straight Talk allows Verizon 4G phones on their network!!!
To be specific, I checked a few ESNs with their system as well as chatted with a person on this, and you can in fact bring over a Verizon 4G phone and use it with Straight Talk. This is CDMA ONLY, and you will be limited to 3G speeds.
I will be verifying this in the next few days when my new (used) phone gets here. If it doesn't work, I will be sure to let everyone know/delete this thread.
I was quite pleased to hear this because I was tired of having to look for 3G phones that are all outdated, and ST's smartphones can be expensive. I was able to pick up a near-mint LG G2 for less than ST's GS3. But, we'll see if it works!

armin75
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbulletZ View Post
I did a search and couldn't find anything related to this, so I thought I'd post it.

Straight Talk allows Verizon 4G phones on their network!!!
To be specific, I checked a few ESNs with their system as well as chatted with a person on this, and you can in fact bring over a Verizon 4G phone and use it with Straight Talk. This is CDMA ONLY, and you will be limited to 3G speeds.
I will be verifying this in the next few days when my new (used) phone gets here. If it doesn't work, I will be sure to let everyone know/delete this thread.
I was quite pleased to hear this because I was tired of having to look for 3G phones that are all outdated, and ST's smartphones can be expensive. I was able to pick up a near-mint LG G2 for less than ST's GS3. But, we'll see if it works!
CDMA leftover problems

SilverbulletZ
Old
(Last edited by SilverbulletZ; 8th September 2014 at 10:44 PM.) Reason: a word
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please delete this thread, I was incorrect. Straight Talk WILL NOT activate 4G LTE phones on a CDMA only network. I was misinformed.
Sorry everyone.

churrumino
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default thanks

thanks