• Yes, absolutely! Thanks! :D

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Didn't work :(

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

noobpremium

May 30, 2013
ARE YOU SEARCHING TO ROOT YOUR REDMI 2 ?

DISCLAIMER:​
DO THIS ON YOUR OWN. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOUR DEVICE.
PLEASE DONOT MIRROR THE LINKS

CLICK HERE FOR NATIVE ROOT

IF YOU ARE GETTING STOCK RECOVERY EVEN AFTER FLASHIN CWM, SEE THIS POST

STEP 1- FLASHING CWM ON YOUR PHONE

1.At first, you'll need the "adb" and "fastboot" tools. Get them HERE

2.Extract them into a folder, let's name it "Redmi2" (You can give your own name to the folder. That doesn't matter here.)

3.Now get the CWM .img file from HERE
You can use Philz Touch recovery also. Get HERE

4.Rename cwm.img or philz.img you downloaded above and as "recovery.img" and place it in the Redmi2 folder.
Now the folder will look like this-
attachment.php

5.Press and hold "shift" button and right click in the blank area of the folder and click on "open command promt window here". The command prompt will open.

6.Now turn off your Redmi2. Wait until it vibrates. After it's vibrated press and hold "Volume down and Power" keys together until it boots into "fastboot mode". Now connect the Redmi2 to your PC/Laptop through USB cable in fastboot mode itself.

7.Get to the command prompt now.
Now type: " fastboot devices " (without these- " " )
Like this-
attachment.php

8.Once you enter that command, you will get a non-empty name for the device meaning the device is connected. Proceed to enter the next command

9.Now enter the next command: " fastboot flash recovery recovery.img "
Like this-
attachment.php

10. Now this ends... :p
Type the last command: " fastboot reboot "
Like this-
attachment.php

11.Now your phone will reboot with ClockWorkMod(CWM) installed. CHEERS... :D

STEP 2- ROOTING YOUR PHONE

1. Firstly get the SuperSU.zip from HERE

2. Now copy the downloaded zip to your sdcard (not in any folder just in sdcard)

3. Boot into CWM recovery by turning off the phone and pressing "Volume UP and Power" button together after the phone vibrates.

4. Once CWM main menu is displayed, select "Install from zip" and browse to the zip that you downloaded earlier and select it.

5. Install the zip. If you get any warning, ignore and proceed.

6. After the installation is complete, reboot your device. (I think you can do that)

7. VOILA..!!! YOU ROOTED YOUR REDMI2 :D

PLEASE HIT THANKS​

JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP HERE​

CREDITS:
1. I don't claim any credit for "adb and fastboot tools" and the "recovery.img" and "SuperSu.zip"
2. Thanks to @subhrajiNath on Miui english forums who wrote the original guides.
Thread link is here and here

Attachments

• reboot.JPG
    reboot.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 140,144
Last edited:

postadelmaga

May 26, 2013
? not flashing ?

I'm really sorry man..I've never used ubuntu :( But I wish to... :D
Join the FB group and ask there...Maybe it can be helpfull :)

Ok my fault, It looks I miss the notification MIUI that ask me to allow my pc to dev mode...

Now I have another issue:
After I flash the recovery with flashboot I reboot into recovery but I still have the default one ... not CWM any idea what could be wrong ?
( I have already did this procedure on another phone, same issue but after doing it a couple of time something make the difference )

noobpremium

May 30, 2013
Ok my fault, It looks I miss the notification MIUI that ask me to allow my pc to dev mode...

Now I have another issue:
After I flash the recovery with flashboot I reboot into recovery but I still have the default one ... not CWM any idea what could be wrong ?
( I have already did this procedure on another phone, same issue but after doing it a couple of time something make the difference )

get "Flashify" app from playstore and first take backup of stock recovery and then flash the cwm with it. Thats it.. :D
Actually I didn't knew this method before i made this guide.. :eek:
Anyway, fastboot gives us a different feel, doesn't it? :v

postadelmaga

May 26, 2013
wait I don't know flashify but it looks it needs root to flash the recovery ... but I think I need cwm to root ... so I think this is not gonna work ...

Ok got it, this may be useful to anybody face the issue with recovery:

I discovered you can workaround the issue in this way:
  1. Temporary boot into CWM:
    HTML:
    fastboot boot recovery.img
  2. Root the device using CWM
  3. Flash CWM using flashify

[ CWM when you log out ask you for root so maybe it is not necessary to use the zip file ( but I'm not very expert so maybe I'm wrong)]

You can install GAPPS with CWM `gapps-kk-20140606-signed .zip` but be careful, whenever you update MIUI you will look all software installed using CWM. ( superSu and GAPPS for example )

Last edited:

dzsekit

Apr 3, 2015
I confirm #postadelmaga the CWM recovery does not stay, the only way to do access it is the fastboot boot recovery.img Here's how I succeeded with two phones now.

1. power on, start wifi, do Miui updates
  2. install ADB or the files above on PC
  3. reboot to fastboot with voldown+pwr
  4. now comes fastboot boot recovery.img
  5. in CWM, sideload SuperSu and Gapps
  6. connect you preferred VPN (if in China)
  7. install and update all Google apps needed
  8. delete most Chinese apps

G

GuestK00441

not working.

I tried this method. its stuck with flashing the recovery image. always showing flashing the recovery image.... that's all.

G

GuestK00441

Ya bro I am using Windows 7. I don't have Windows 8. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

noobpremium

May 30, 2013
:)

The simpler solution is to use the xiaomi update tool and flash a developer rom that has builtin root.

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/5-4-10.27429/

howto & root from permissions menu:

https://watchpage.wordpress.com/201...redmi-note-4g-developers-roms-version-miui-6/

But to have the cwm running on the phone is always a safe bet for some recovery actions.

Thanks to you bro.. I'll update the OP for those who are facing some issues with my guide's precedure.. :)

noobpremium

May 30, 2013
OP Updated

I've updated the OP with the other guide's link.. please check it out if you're having some issues with this one :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ARE YOU SEARCHING TO ROOT YOUR REDMI 2 ?

DISCLAIMER:​
    DO THIS ON YOUR OWN. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOUR DEVICE.
    PLEASE DONOT MIRROR THE LINKS

CLICK HERE FOR NATIVE ROOT

IF YOU ARE GETTING STOCK RECOVERY EVEN AFTER FLASHIN CWM, SEE THIS POST

STEP 1- FLASHING CWM ON YOUR PHONE

1.At first, you'll need the "adb" and "fastboot" tools. Get them HERE

2.Extract them into a folder, let's name it "Redmi2" (You can give your own name to the folder. That doesn't matter here.)

3.Now get the CWM .img file from HERE
    You can use Philz Touch recovery also. Get HERE

4.Rename cwm.img or philz.img you downloaded above and as "recovery.img" and place it in the Redmi2 folder.
    Now the folder will look like this-
    attachment.php

5.Press and hold "shift" button and right click in the blank area of the folder and click on "open command promt window here". The command prompt will open.

6.Now turn off your Redmi2. Wait until it vibrates. After it's vibrated press and hold "Volume down and Power" keys together until it boots into "fastboot mode". Now connect the Redmi2 to your PC/Laptop through USB cable in fastboot mode itself.

7.Get to the command prompt now.
    Now type: " fastboot devices " (without these- " " )
    Like this-
    attachment.php

8.Once you enter that command, you will get a non-empty name for the device meaning the device is connected. Proceed to enter the next command

9.Now enter the next command: " fastboot flash recovery recovery.img "
    Like this-
    attachment.php

10. Now this ends... :p
    Type the last command: " fastboot reboot "
    Like this-
    attachment.php

11.Now your phone will reboot with ClockWorkMod(CWM) installed. CHEERS... :D

STEP 2- ROOTING YOUR PHONE

1. Firstly get the SuperSU.zip from HERE

2. Now copy the downloaded zip to your sdcard (not in any folder just in sdcard)

3. Boot into CWM recovery by turning off the phone and pressing "Volume UP and Power" button together after the phone vibrates.

4. Once CWM main menu is displayed, select "Install from zip" and browse to the zip that you downloaded earlier and select it.

5. Install the zip. If you get any warning, ignore and proceed.

6. After the installation is complete, reboot your device. (I think you can do that)

7. VOILA..!!! YOU ROOTED YOUR REDMI2 :D

PLEASE HIT THANKS​

JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP HERE​

CREDITS:
    1. I don't claim any credit for "adb and fastboot tools" and the "recovery.img" and "SuperSu.zip"
    2. Thanks to @subhrajiNath on Miui english forums who wrote the original guides.
    Thread link is here and here
    wait I don't know flashify but it looks it needs root to flash the recovery ... but I think I need cwm to root ... so I think this is not gonna work ...

Ok got it, this may be useful to anybody face the issue with recovery:

I discovered you can workaround the issue in this way:
    1. Temporary boot into CWM:
      HTML:
      fastboot boot recovery.img
    2. Root the device using CWM
    3. Flash CWM using flashify

[ CWM when you log out ask you for root so maybe it is not necessary to use the zip file ( but I'm not very expert so maybe I'm wrong)]

You can install GAPPS with CWM `gapps-kk-20140606-signed .zip` but be careful, whenever you update MIUI you will look all software installed using CWM. ( superSu and GAPPS for example )
    I confirm #postadelmaga the CWM recovery does not stay, the only way to do access it is the fastboot boot recovery.img Here's how I succeeded with two phones now.

1. power on, start wifi, do Miui updates
    2. install ADB or the files above on PC
    3. reboot to fastboot with voldown+pwr
    4. now comes fastboot boot recovery.img
    5. in CWM, sideload SuperSu and Gapps
    6. connect you preferred VPN (if in China)
    7. install and update all Google apps needed
    8. delete most Chinese apps
    I cannot connect to device using adb on ubuntu.
    Any Idea ?

I have opened a thread about this issue here
    thanks

thanks!