Since LAVA iris458Q , XOLO Q600 and CROSS A88 are similar (clone) devices . This recovery should work on these devices . Test at your own risk . And always have a backup before flashing anything .
NOTE: Don't use this recovery on any other device except above specified devices !!!
It is based on CWM and is perfectly compatible with it. The big difference from version 1.5 is the full touch module. In this version I used Napstar-xda's full touch module as base. The navigation it is posible by touching the menu item. In long display menu (as choose zip from sdcard) for scroll page down Swipe Right and for scroll page up Swipe Left. For Go Back also Swipe Left. The Go Back menu item is disabled because of the semibutton that announce there is more to see if Scroll Down -
Go Back function is possible with Swipe Left, as I said. If the Swipe doesn't work (usually if your phone is multitouch bat has only 2 points of touch), use volume buttons Down for Scroll down, Up for Scroll up, and the back capacitive button of the phone for Go Back.
A big change is the integration of compressed backups, tar gzip, ported from CWM cm-11.0 branch. Apart from that, it is based on my non-touch modified CWM recovery, with some changes and small improvements.
Version 2.7 update (11-dec-2014):
- rebuilt from base (cwm 220.127.116.11) and add improvements on top.
- reintegrated bottom virtual navigation keys, to compensate the non-function of swipe in some phones
- better compressed backups integration - pigz support from cm-11
- new "nvram backup/restore" menu functionality: the nvram partition will be backed up in clockworkmod/backup/.nvram/nvram-xxxxx folder as nvram.img. This will help if you lose IMEI and other communication features. It will work only if you have the nvram partition defined in recovery.fstab. If the nvram partition is damaged (as in flashing an oversized recovery) this will not help you, and you need SPFlashTools to reflash with format your phone official firmware, and after that flash this recovery, boot in recovery and restore nvram.
- the recovery has now an increased stability, many issues are solved
- the content of the backup folder will contain only what an usual clockworkmod backup contain, and that will make it easy to restore backups made with older versions.
- new GUI images, very light (the difference between non-touch modded cwm and this one is only 14 Kb, for 720x1280 resolution)
- some other changes.
Version 2.5 update (29.06.2014):
- cleaned up the source code
- removed "wipe all" option from wipe menu (too many users wiped their system and blamed me); if you need to wipe system, use "format system" from "mounts/storage"
- rearanged menu order in root menu to restore CWM order
- added a "nvram backup/restore" menu in "carliv" section: the nvram partition will be backed up in clockworkmod/backup folder as nvram.img. This will help if you lose IMEI and other communication features. It will work only if you have the nvram partition of size 0x500000 (check your scatter) and if you have the nvram defined as /dev/nvram path in recovery.fstab. If the nvram partition is damaged (as in flashing an oversized recovery) this will not help you, and you need SPFlashTools to reflash with format your phone official firmware, and after that flash this recovery, boot in recovery and restore nvram.
- some other small changes.
Some screenshots of Recovery:
First rename the file to recovery.img then for
Mobile -> copy to sd card and flash using Mobile Uncle Tools.
PC -> Use SP Flash to flash it to phone.
@carliv for his awesome recovery
@carliv for his user friendly guide
@Koush for his amazing CWM recovery
@Napstar for his full touch modules
@bgcngm for his unpack/repack utils
@sk8erwitskil for aromafm menu
If you have Mediatek MTK android and your model is not listed anywhere in xda and if you want a custom recovery use MTK droid tools for windows or click on below links to port a custom recovery for your device.