FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Zte 992 update.app

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By cecnwv, Junior Member on 27th April 2016, 10:21 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
ZTE Z992 stock firmware will soon be available from ZTE's site. I've searched and searched and have not been able to locate this. It seems that I finally got through to someone at ZTE that is willing to bend. I will be sure to post here when I am notified that the download is available. Here is a reply that I received earlier:

On Apr 27, 2016 4:50 AM, <che********1@zte.com.cn> wrote:
Dear C***,

We need some time to arrange to upload the SD card upgrade package on our website.

We will reply you ASAP when we finish it.

Thank you for your patience and BR!

C*** ********<*********@gmail.com>
2016-04-27 15:17

收件人
che*************@zte.com.cn,
抄送
主题
Re: 答复: Re: zte z992
Last edited by cecnwv; 27th April 2016 at 10:25 AM.

4th May 2016, 04:41 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Charleston, WV

More
Stock Firmware Now Available!!!!

Sorry for the delay.

We had uploaded the SD card upgrade package and the instruction on ZTEUSA website:

https://www.zteusa.com/att-avail2

Please visit the website and get them.

Thanks & BR!
4th May 2016, 06:14 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Charleston, WV

More
The update works like a charm. I accidentally deleted many of the OS files last October from my Avail2. Just download the update_1_.zip from the site, 328MB I believe, and put it on the root of your sd card. There is no need to extract it. Enter recovery on your avail2 by simultaneously pressing the power and volume up buttons. Once in recovery, use your volume buttons to select "apply update from external storage". Use the power button to enter your selection. Your phone will go through the process, do not take the battery out our turn it off. Don't become dismayed if the phone hesitates at the AT&T logo. It took my phone nearly five minutes to get to the "welcome" screen of the initial setup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zte avail2 firmware, zte firmware, zte rom, zte update.app, zte z992 firmware

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)