Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 - Move apps to SD Problem

Search This thread

viper_ad

Nov 27, 2010
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. (Android OS, v4.0.4)

I am trying to move the apps installed to SD but its not happening there is no such option i tried the well known apps on play store for this task but they also don't have any such feature when installed on my phone. One of them even has it posted on its app description as given below:

Galaxy S3 is not supported:
* Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
Not supported devices:
* Galaxy S3, Note 2, Galaxy Nexus, Tablets
* read FAQ 10 for details: App 2 SD > MENU > Settings > About > FAQ

I have also tried the adb shell pm set-install-location 2 command in the proper way.(The same command worked for my HTC Desire S and HTC Wildfire S).:confused:
So, Guys is there a way to move apps to the SD card, WITHOUT ROOTING. Just give me any information you might have about this. I am
assuming this i a problem with the Samsung Android OS.

Since its gonna be my everyday usage phone, i don't feel like playing around or changing the stock OS.:cyclops:
Minor tweaks are alright.

Thanks Guys.:cowboy:

synkas

Jul 1, 2013
Hello. i can't movie too apps to the sd. i tried tutioral with terminal emulator. but i don't like this. also i tried link2sd (was installed with pmp rom) but also i can't movie. i maked screenshot to show you warning from link2sd app. somebody knows how to fix it? everybody say "it's working etc." for galaxy s duos. but for me not working.... thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-16-47-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-16-47-05.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

speedly mario

Feb 12, 2015
problems in move apps:

hey guys whas up if u know any way to move apps to extsd card just tell me root unroot roms without roms anything just gave it to me cuz im sick from this phone so plsssssssssssssssss any way to solution plllls,and if there is a rom it will be better or app with root plllllllls just help me...................... :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
if anyone can help me pllls msg me

youngWANDERER

Feb 25, 2015
hope this helps

i will tell you how to swap your internal memory and external memory

ex. if you have a 8gb sd card, then your internal memory will be 8gb and the external will be 2gb

YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND I TAKE NO LIABILITY IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG

HERE IS THE PROCEDURE

for this your phone must be rooted download root external 2 internal app from play store. allow the superuser request when you open the app.

go to settings

here

select Default SGS3 roms

select send rescan

select use per default

then go to the ext.sdcard device access

there u will see /dev/block/vold/179:49

change it to /dev/block/vold/179.33

go back on clicking the enternal 2 internal on the up left of the screen

select at boot (if not selected)

then click on external>internal

then on **at boot if init.d....

TADA

THATS IT NOW GO TO SETTINGS AND SEE YOUR STORAGE

BUBYE

"THIS IS APPLICABLE ONLY FOR GALAXY S DUOS"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. (Android OS, v4.0.4)

I am trying to move the apps installed to SD but its not happening there is no such option i tried the well known apps on play store for this task but they also don't have any such feature when installed on my phone. One of them even has it posted on its app description as given below:

Galaxy S3 is not supported:
    * Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
    Not supported devices:
    * Galaxy S3, Note 2, Galaxy Nexus, Tablets
    * read FAQ 10 for details: App 2 SD > MENU > Settings > About > FAQ

I have also tried the adb shell pm set-install-location 2 command in the proper way.(The same command worked for my HTC Desire S and HTC Wildfire S).:confused:
    So, Guys is there a way to move apps to the SD card, WITHOUT ROOTING. Just give me any information you might have about this. I am
    assuming this i a problem with the Samsung Android OS.

Since its gonna be my everyday usage phone, i don't feel like playing around or changing the stock OS.:cyclops:
    Minor tweaks are alright.

Thanks Guys.:cowboy:
    link2sd app works great in s7562
    Guys i called up Samsung the person at the call center tried to argue with me and give me all the procedures and information like i was a noob (the same things we all have tried or read on the net.) It seems they also don't know that they have a problem !! So, I got angry so he said he'll arrange a call from "TECHNICAL EXECUTIVE REPRESENTATIVE" ( the names they think for position to make them sound important :))

And when i got from this above mentioned person she tried to give me the same answer but when i further protested she accepted that this is a limitation of the OS customizations by Samsung.

So, Guys only solution to this problem -- Use a Custom ROM..(CM or some other i don't know)
    Please post the name and version, if some one is happy with the Custom ROM they might be using on this phone. (like if it has all the features running)
    i wanna know is there any way for unrooted s duos to move apps to sd.......