[Q] How to Convert (.txt/.eml/.csv/.vmg) to (.sms/.stf/.xml)

Search This thread

chukkyi

Jul 1, 2010
Please Help

I'm trying to restore my text messages from my old phone and i have them in these various formats right now (.vmg/.txt/.csv/.dbf/.html/.rtf) and would like to preferably convert them to (.sms or .stf or .xml) so that i can sync it to my inbox in my HTC HD2 (Leo). What is best way to do this and how?

Thanks in Advance!

Kpax7

Nov 17, 2013
Me too!

I have the same question, but it seems there's no way, or at least I couldn't find any!
I hope someone develops an app for it!

greenManGaming

Jan 26, 2016
found some options... (btw vmsg and vmg are the same afaik just the different ending)

1. the app on the play store vmg converter
2. if you have one vmsg file with all sms first split the file with "gsplit" with splitting the file every 1 times (or maybe it was 2 because of the first sms...?!?) BEFORE "BEGIN:VMSG" so every file starts with a non empty first line then use "ABC amber nokia converter" and save as you like... then you can import it with some tools from the play store ;) if you have duplicate sms like me you can use AllDup before using ABC amber to delete the double sms
3. on the net there were also some intelligent python or whatever scripts to convert the files but im not very familiar with python...