[Q] 3G in one direction but only 2G in reverse.

OP Olley!!

3rd September 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I take the train every day to work and I've noticed that in the morning I usually have a solid 3G signal the whole way but on the way back I barely get 2G and browsing is practically impossible a lot if the time.

I know that signals can somewhat rubber band and be slow to hand over. However half way through my trip I stop at a station and the train sits there for about 5 min yet my phone (Nexus5) will still not attach to 3 or 4G (rebooting does not help). In the mornings going the other way I don't have this problem and always get at least a good 3G signal. What gives?
3rd September 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,246

14,668 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley!!

So I take the train every day to work and I've noticed that in the morning I usually have a solid 3G signal the whole way but on the way back I barely get 2G and browsing is practically impossible a lot if the time.

I know that signals can somewhat rubber band and be slow to hand over. However half way through my trip I stop at a station and the train sits there for about 5 min yet my phone (Nexus5) will still not attach to 3 or 4G (rebooting does not help). In the mornings going the other way I don't have this problem and always get at least a good 3G signal. What gives?

Ask your carrier. They most likely drop speeds to allow more users to use their data but that's only a guess. Only your cell provider will be able to answer this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread