Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 53,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 3G in one direction but only 2G in reverse.

Tip us?

Olley!!
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 3G in one direction but only 2G in reverse.

So I take the train every day to work and I've noticed that in the morning I usually have a solid 3G signal the whole way but on the way back I barely get 2G and browsing is practically impossible a lot if the time.

I know that signals can somewhat rubber band and be slow to hand over. However half way through my trip I stop at a station and the train sits there for about 5 min yet my phone (Nexus5) will still not attach to 3 or 4G (rebooting does not help). In the mornings going the other way I don't have this problem and always get at least a good 3G signal. What gives?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,125

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley!! View Post
So I take the train every day to work and I've noticed that in the morning I usually have a solid 3G signal the whole way but on the way back I barely get 2G and browsing is practically impossible a lot if the time.

I know that signals can somewhat rubber band and be slow to hand over. However half way through my trip I stop at a station and the train sits there for about 5 min yet my phone (Nexus5) will still not attach to 3 or 4G (rebooting does not help). In the mornings going the other way I don't have this problem and always get at least a good 3G signal. What gives?
Ask your carrier. They most likely drop speeds to allow more users to use their data but that's only a guess. Only your cell provider will be able to answer this.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly