Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

additional camera test for android phone reviews?

Tip us?

fuzzysig
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default additional camera test for android phone reviews?

when I see camera test of the cell phones its usually same picture of the flowers or sky or a building etc, closeup/zoom
to see the colors and focus and overall quality

one more test should be performed is microscope function with cozy magnifier or any other microscope app.( im not promoting cozy mag or any other apps, cozy mag is what I had on the phone when tested)

my dad asked me what I use to get these badass quality closeup images so I told him what to download

he tried it and said the quality sucks really bad its all digitized.
I didn't understand what he meant until I actually saw the phone myself.

on my galaxy s3 he said it has same camera as sony experia( same year release as GS3 I forgot the model)

my images were super clear and sharp while his images were blurry and pixelized like when you use digital zoom...
turns out the experia software is not as great at processing the image as Samsung was...

I tested it on few more phones at t mobile store and came to same conclusion that some phones are very bad at it and others even with inferior camera specs are better

not sure where would be best place to post it and if the reviewers even visit this forum or not but I hope to see this test performed when reviewing cell phones in the future
unfortunately I don't have any images to share since he lives across the US from me and I cant get to his cellphone easily

fuzzysig
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
well since nobody jumped in heres my test from galaxy s3 and galaxy s5 closeup test. these are the best out of 10 attempts by each phone with default settings.
im pretty surprised

galaxy s5 no LED

galaxy s5 with LED

galaxy s3 no LED

galaxy s3 witn LED