My android phone has 32 GB internal memory but showing now only 1.29 GB

Search This thread

prasadarbuj

Mar 3, 2014
My UMI x2 mobile has 32 GB internal memory but now it showing only 1.29gb
Actually my phone imei(no nvram file) number is gone and to repair this issue by local mobile repair store but when I start it at home and check mobile I notice that mobile showing only 1.2gb internal storage is this possible and how to solve this problem( sorry for bad English)

eu4ok

Nov 1, 2014
Fix internal phone memory size - UMI X2

My UMI x2 mobile has 32 GB internal memory but now it showing only 1.29gb
Actually my phone imei(no nvram file) number is gone and to repair this issue by local mobile repair store but when I start it at home and check mobile I notice that mobile showing only 1.2gb internal storage is this possible and how to solve this problem( sorry for bad English)

1. You must connect the phone to computer via USB cable, select ”Turn on USB storage” and unchecked the ”USB debugging” form ”Settings” --> ”Developer options” .
2. A new drive/partition will pop up on the computer Explorer. This one is your internal phone memory which, in this case has 1.29 GB.
3. Select this partition and format it 32GB, FAT32 (work for sure) or NTFS (if workable for you) as a normal PC partition.
4. Unplug the USB cable and check the size of your phone partition.
Now, your problem should be solved.

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
1. You must connect the phone to computer via USB cable, select ”Turn on USB storage” and unchecked the ”USB debugging” form ”Settings” --> ”Developer options” .
2. A new drive/partition will pop up on the computer Explorer. This one is your internal phone memory which, in this case has 1.29 GB.
3. Select this partition and format it 32GB, FAT32 (work for sure) or NTFS (if workable for you) as a normal PC partition.
4. Unplug the USB cable and check the size of your phone partition.
Now, your problem should be solved.

Do not do this what ever you do. This person has no idea what they are talking about.

Track down the stock software for the device. A reflash fix it. Also make sure that Jr has the hardware it claims to. Too many fakes around that lie about the hardware.

eu4ok@yahoo.com

Apr 21, 2015
It worked for me.

This method worked for this case. I had the same problem and I find this way. Annoying situation, noway to regain the size of partition. Probably you did not experienced this case.
For sure the appropriate drivers must be installed on PC in order to communicate with the phone. It seems too easy to be true, but it works.
I tried to re-flash with different firmware versions but the size of memory was not fixed unless this method.
The partition must be formatted as FAT32 (not NTFS) and it work for sure. :)

Last edited: