FORUMS

Is the LG G4’s Camera Really DSLR-worthy?

After months of anticipation, the LG G4 was finally unveiled today, showing off an … more

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Application not installed

24th July 2014, 09:53 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello guys, I had VSCO 2.1 (not through market) installed on my Note3 and I encounter problem when I tried to update to a later version, it says "Application not installed".

I then uninstalled the v2.1 (was thinking that should have cleared all previous installation stuffs)
Now none of the VSCO apk versions I have on hand is now able to install, all of them (including the original successful version of v2.1) failed with the error "Application not installed".

After few days of searches and reading, I suspect this could be due to corrupted AndroidManifest.xml, and/or not correctly signed.

Is there anything I can do to get it fixed ?
Can someone help me out on this ?
I certainly do not wish to do a factory reset

Thanks in advance on all help.
 
 
24th July 2014, 11:23 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag senigallia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
you could flash your rom without wipe to restore all original app.. it is better than factory reset
The Following User Says Thank You to lio97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 04:01 PM |#3  
Killwish's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag oOps
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro123

Hello guys, I had VSCO 2.1 (not through market) installed on my Note3 and I encounter problem when I tried to update to a later version, it says "Application not installed".

I then uninstalled the v2.1 (was thinking that should have cleared all previous installation stuffs)
Now none of the VSCO apk versions I have on hand is now able to install, all of them (including the original successful version of v2.1) failed with the error "Application not installed".

After few days of searches and reading, I suspect this could be due to corrupted AndroidManifest.xml, and/or not correctly signed.

Is there anything I can do to get it fixed ?
Can someone help me out on this ?
I certainly do not wish to do a factory reset

Thanks in advance on all help.

Try to find "ZipSigner.apk" on internet
With this tool you can sign apk packages....


If you want to factory reset then make backup of all user apps with es file manager...
And make a backup of your contacts also....



Hit thank button if this post helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Killwish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 02:47 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killwish

Try to find "ZipSigner.apk" on internet
With this tool you can sign apk packages....


If you want to factory reset then make backup of all user apps with es file manager...
And make a backup of your contacts also....



Hit thank button if this post helped you

Installed ZipSigner and re-signed the apk packages successfully, but still encounter "Application not installed" when come to apk installation

Still hoping for a non-flashing nor factory reset solution
25th July 2014, 03:11 AM |#5  
shadowcreeper_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Try to see if the dalvik cache is still their for that app, and try to find folders for it nd deleate them

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:AOSP (4.4.2)
Carrier:At&t

Hit the Thanks button if i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowcreeper_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 04:00 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcreeper_1

Try to see if the dalvik cache is still their for that app, and try to find folders for it nd deleate them

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:AOSP (4.4.2)
Carrier:At&t

Hit the Thanks button if i helped

no luck as well...
not able to find any residual folders/files (tried with ES search "vsco" as well as manual eye-search )
25th July 2014, 04:04 AM |#7  
shadowcreeper_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Do you have enough available space to install the app? that might be a issue

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:AOSP (4.4.2)
Carrier:At&t

Hit the Thanks button if i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowcreeper_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 04:08 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcreeper_1

Do you have enough available space to install the app? that might be a issue

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:AOSP (4.4.2)
Carrier:At&t

Hit the Thanks button if i helped

space is not a problem...
I have 13.82G free in SD
and 2.62G in extSD (irrelevant anyway)
25th July 2014, 04:15 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I found below 2 replies (from other threads) before posting here :


1.) There are a few reasons you would get app not installed

1- app not compatible with phone (eg armv7 only)
2- not enough internal storage (try cleaning cache either in cwm or with app cache cleaner playstore or clear data of an app that uses a large amount like twitter)
3- app already exists (some apps to upgrade or reinstall you have to remove previous version)
4- app can only be installed to system (use system app installer playstore)

2.) If an apk doesn't install it's either
not compatible with phone (either android version or processor like armv7 only)
Corrupted AndroidManifest.xml
corrupted apk
is a user app that's not been correctly signed
is only meant as a system app (so install with system app installer)
cannot replace previous version (Uninstall old version first)


other than the "Corrupted AndroidManifest.xml" and "not been correctly signed", i believe the rests shouldn't applied to my case
25th July 2014, 04:25 AM |#10  
shadowcreeper_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Try the clear cache one, maby it wont let u install because of insufficient storage available. when you go to settings>storage it gives you 3 bars: external SD, Internal SD and apps storage. try to erase app cache, reboot, and then reinstall

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:AOSP (4.4.2)
Carrier:At&t

Hit the Thanks button if i helped

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

If it dosnt work, you might have a corrupted apk, try finding it and redownload it

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:AOSP (4.4.2)
Carrier:At&t

Hit the Thanks button if i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowcreeper_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes