Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 42,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ascend Mate2 - any roms for this new phone?

Tip us?

dc2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ascend Mate2 - any roms for this new phone?

I'm trying to see if there are any Roms(cyanogen?) for the Mate 2(not the original), or does it not matter?

Great device, but hate the launcher/UI they use. I'd prefer stock android.

Javadn
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2000 View Post
I'm trying to see if there are any Roms(cyanogen?) for the Mate 2(not the original), or does it not matter?

Great device, but hate the launcher/UI they use. I'd prefer stock android.
if the luncher is your problem , just install some other lunchers like dodol luncher , its so cool n nice

dc2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javadn View Post
if the luncher is your problem , just install some other lunchers like dodol luncher , its so cool n nice
I'd prefer a closer Android rom then a launcher. It makes it run smoother and gives me more RAM to use as it only has 2GB to begin with. Any idea on ROMS for the Mate 2? I know it's a newer device, but it would be ideal to get another ROM on it.

theoppositeman
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2000 View Post
I'd prefer a closer Android rom then a launcher. It makes it run smoother and gives me more RAM to use as it only has 2GB to begin with. Any idea on ROMS for the Mate 2? I know it's a newer device, but it would be ideal to get another ROM on it.
for mate 2 theres already some custom roms if im not mistaken. try looking at shuaji.net /shuaji.com something like that..
its chinese but you can use translator.

T28@HAM

sglscovill
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I bought the first Huawei Mate and I will NEVER buy another Huawei device again. Barely any support for custom Roms and this company does not believe in updates. Waiting 11 more months for my contract to end and I'm moving on to an LG G series. Saving a couple bucks when purchasing one of these is just not worth it.