Audio related question

OP Jamal Ahmed

17th July 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 974

923 posts
More
When I brought my Audio Technica m50,and plugged them into the computer for the first time,it installed high resolution drivers for the headphones.

This happened nearly a year ago. Just a few days back, I noticed that the high resolution drivers (24-bit/192 kHz) weren't properly enabled by me. As in, in settings I hadn't set the output to 24-bit 192-kHz,bit rather it was at default 16-bit 44.1 kHz. So I corrected it and set it at full high resolution.

I then played my 24-bit audio collection,and the difference was mind blowing. It wasn't just in my mind. The dynamic range was immense and extremely larger than before. To confirm it wasn't just shock value, I played some of my highest resolution tracks, and in realtime switched the audio resolution. It actually was hugely improved.

Now comes the question. I have an HTC One M8. The audio in this phone is great, better than any I've had. But is it possible to convert those windows drivers into something android can recognize, and play these headphones with those drivers which came with it? I am a total noob in technical stuff so I'm asking it. Please don't mock me for asking this question, because I'm not knowledgeable in it, and would want a sincere answer by someone who knows what I'm talking about.

I do realize that the work would be a lot, it might drain the battery of phone, it would be different for each phone, and each headphones. But is it at least *possible*?

Tl;dr can the high resolution audio drivers my headphones came with be modified in any such way that they can be run on my android, and not its native drivers? (I hope I summed it up accurately xD)

I would really like an answer to that! thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread