Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Autoremote - Have to register multiple times every days

OP max01986

28th August 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
max01986's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
AutoRemote on android and AutoRemote extension on Google Chrome "PC"


Hi,

First... Thank's to everyone who will read this and try to help me. I looked everywhere I could before posting here... Google search - joaomgcd Google + page - joaomgcd Google groups. I tried my best to find as much information I could and I tried everything I tought. Now, I'm asking for your help!!

I'm using AutoRemonte on My android and on my pc with the autoremote extension. I have a few profile setup with tasker.

By example, I use this profile HERE and it is working.



My problem is the following:


Connexion problem between AutoRemote android app and AutoRemote Chrome Browser.. But absolutely no problem between AutoRemote android app and EventsGhost on pc.

If my phone is booted for about 1 hours or more, the connection between my android device and the Chrome Browser seems to be broken on 1 side.
- The messages sent from the Chrome Browser are sent but the phone never receive them.
- The message sent from my android device are sent and received by the browser.

If I reboot my device, the connexion is completely broken.
- The messages sent from the Chrome Browser are sent but the phone never receive them.
- The message sent from my android device are sent but the Chrome browser never receive them.

What I tried to solve it


In Both situations, I found a way to repair the connection simply by changing the state of the network connection on the android device.
- Original state wifi on
Put wifi off

- Original State 3G
Put wifi on

After this, the messages will be sent and received from both side and will work on 3G or wifi but after an hours or so... The problem come back.

Greenify
I thought the this app could be the problem so I uninstalled it. The problem was still there..

Low Memory killer
I also thought that the android memory manager could be the cause of the problem so I changed the value to the lowest with the help of Rom Tool Box Pro. The problem was still there..

I found in the AutoRemote FAQ a similar problem and they said to use PNF to resolve the problem with the GCM by sending heartbeat more frequently.. So I tried it.. The problem was still there..

I always have 3 instances of Google Chrome running on 3 differents pc's all connected with my google account, so I thought that it could be the problem.. I signed off from all instances except the one at my work.. The problem was still there..

----------------------------------UPDATE----------------------------------


I posted a question on my ROM google+ page to know if it's a known problem https://plus.google.com/110548826938...ts/1dZUTVEPA52

----------------------------------UPDATE----------------------------------


I just created a Tasker profile that will use AutoRemote to send a message to my Chrome Browser every minutes.
-
Ok it's not solving the problem.. The messages from the device are always sent but the messages from the Chrome Browser are not received on the android device.. I really think that the problem is on the phone side.. But I don't think it is the GCM because if someone send me a hangout message or if I receive a gmail.. The notification always arrive... The problem is only with the AutoRemote app between the it and the Chrome Browser.. I don't have this problem with a computer using EventGhost..

I will add more information as soon as I get it.

Thank's again for your help!
Last edited by max01986; 29th August 2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added new information
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes