Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Best options for "wet finger" phone use?

OP Raccroc

19th July 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

80 posts
I work outdoors and with dogs, so a cell phone that can be kicked around and operate under various interesting scenarios is a must. My biggest issue with finding a new smartphone seems to come down to the capacitve screen's behavior when they get wet.

The only (modern) one I have found that has any form of touch screen "wet finger tracking" is the "Sony Xperia Z2. Unfortunately, Samsung's Galaxy S4/5 Active phone do not have such a feature. Since I don't really want to spend the money for an off-contract phone, I am looking for other options.

A sales rep suggested I might try a waterproof case, suggesting that might fix the issue. Can anyone with a waterproof case such as Lifeproof or Obex share how well the touch works when using it while wet or with wet hands?

Please note: I am not looking for a particularly rugged solution, or even a good submersible one. What I need is to be able to use the phone to make calls, snap pictures, take notes, etc. while my hands are wet with sweat, dog slobber, and such.

Any options or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wet finger
Previous Thread Next Thread