FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Anyone tried Aptoide?

1,012 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

By TimeAndroid, Senior Member on 1st July 2014, 06:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone tried Aptoide? They claim to have an excellent anti malware function here but I'm wondering if anyone who's used Aptoide before can confirm this. I'm also wondering if the app itself is safe. Please share all your experiences here.

1st July 2014, 06:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The app is safe as far as i know, but i personally didnt think it was designed very well

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to padeze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift padeze Ad-Free
2nd July 2014, 10:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada

More
bump
5th July 2014, 08:58 AM |#4  
Flag Leesburg
Thanks Meter: 40

More
It reminds me of a Playstore on steroids.
The only thing I don't like is how big the program becomes and some of the permissions, but that's what "app ops" is for.
To see if it will be "safe" , run it in a sandbox - Bluestacks-PC, or similar. Run a system monitor, with malware checker. This is a good way to pretest suspicious apks.
I have used Aptiode and it works fine, I use the playstore.
Just stay away from that damn Mobogenie Market - that's like one big monster malware virus!!

delivered to you piping hot and fresh through quantum physics and pony express
The Following User Says Thank You to HasH_BrowN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HasH_BrowN Ad-Free
5th July 2014, 09:03 AM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 632

More
I have used it and i have also my own market.
nl-apps.aptoide.com

12,000+ installs

Sent From A Samsung Galaxy S2 With AOSB Project ROM .
7th July 2014, 08:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada

More
bump
9th July 2014, 01:14 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasH_BrowN

It reminds me of a Playstore on steroids.
The only thing I don't like is how big the program becomes and some of the permissions, but that's what "app ops" is for.
To see if it will be "safe" , run it in a sandbox - Bluestacks-PC, or similar. Run a system monitor, with malware checker. This is a good way to pretest suspicious apks.
I have used Aptiode and it works fine, I use the playstore.
Just stay away from that damn Mobogenie Market - that's like one big monster malware virus!!

How big exactly can it become? Is Mobogenie downloaded without your permission?
9th July 2014, 02:15 AM |#8  
Flag Leesburg
Thanks Meter: 40

More
What it does is "collect" extra resources. When I installed it, it increased in size 3 different times without me downloading anything. I didn't run any tests on it to see what and when things were added, but just a heads up.
Yes the MOBOGENIE does get downloaded w/o permission, but not installed. Usually happens on, I think, the dev host website. It also does a redirect on that page as well, something like oneclickad..... I just close down the window and delete the file. I just wish there was a way to prevent the unauthorized download, its just irritating.

9th July 2014, 03:00 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasH_BrowN

What it does is "collect" extra resources. When I installed it, it increased in size 3 different times without me downloading anything. I didn't run any tests on it to see what and when things were added, but just a heads up.
Yes the MOBOGENIE does get downloaded w/o permission, but not installed. Usually happens on, I think, the dev host website. It also does a redirect on that page as well, something like oneclickad..... I just close down the window and delete the file. I just wish there was a way to prevent the unauthorized download, its just irritating.

Thanks, Dev-Host is a load of crap in my opinion. When does it bring you to Dev-Host?
9th July 2014, 07:50 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canada

More
Just got Aptoide, it looks very nice and seems safe because CM Security has scanned it. Have not encountered any dev host thingies yet. Do a lot of apps restrict to US only?
10th July 2014, 10:42 AM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 632

More
Loool ! CM Security is only scanning their blacklist of apps they don't like as company @TimeAndroid

Sent From A Samsung Galaxy S2 With Fusion ROM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)