Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Calibrate android touch screen?

Tip us?

himesh26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Calibrate android touch screen?

I installed some custom firmware on my chinese tablet and the screen doesn't seem to be calibrated well (the attached pictures should tell you what I mean). Is there any way I can calibrate the android touch screen? I would prefer not to install another custom rom as almost all the custom roms I installed had some kind of problem e.g. the touch screen didn't work or the wifi didn't work. Is there any way/any app that would calibrate my touch screen?

The tablet is currently running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by Sliwa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140712_001_1_.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	2848944   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140712_002_1_.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	2848945  

orbitA13
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by himesh26 View Post
I installed some custom firmware on my chinese tablet and the screen doesn't seem to be calibrated well (the attached pictures should tell you what I mean). Is there any way I can calibrate the android touch screen? I would prefer not to install another custom rom as almost all the custom roms I installed had some kind of problem e.g. the touch screen didn't work or the wifi didn't work. Is there any way/any app that would calibrate my touch screen?

The tablet is currently running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by Sliwa.
Hi himesh26,

Try download this from Google Store (TSCalibration2.apk) or do a search for it on the net and download it then add to your tablet and install it (Make sure you scan it first if you get it off the net make sure it's clean). It's a calibration tool and works real well with my china tabs I have 4 of them. 2 Epads & 2 wannabee Samsung Tabs I also own 1 real Samsung Galaxy Tab that I have yet to try it on cause have not needed too.

Hope this helps you.

- orbit
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitA13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

himesh26
Old
(Last edited by himesh26; 13th July 2014 at 05:31 PM.) Reason: More information about problem
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitA13 View Post
Hi himesh26,

Try download this from Google Store (TSCalibration2.apk) or do a search for it on the net and download it then add to your tablet and install it (Make sure you scan it first if you get it off the net make sure it's clean). It's a calibration tool and works real well with my china tabs I have 4 of them. 2 Epads & 2 wannabee Samsung Tabs I also own 1 real Samsung Galaxy Tab that I have yet to try it on cause have not needed too.

Hope this helps you.

- orbit
Thanks that app worked like a charm (spent days trying to get the correct app). One more problem my screen cannot rotate between portrait and landscape (auto rotate is on). I know this is a software problem as it worked in a different custom rom. Any way to help?

Also found out it's a software problem with the gyroscope as I can't use it in games like temple run (can't use it to make the guy run right or left).

Thanks

orbitA13
Old
(Last edited by orbitA13; 14th July 2014 at 07:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by himesh26 View Post
Thanks that app worked like a charm (spent days trying to get the correct app). One more problem my screen cannot rotate between portrait and landscape (auto rotate is on). I know this is a software problem as it worked in a different custom rom. Any way to help?

Also found out it's a software problem with the gyroscope as I can't use it in games like temple run (can't use it to make the guy run right or left).

Thanks

I'm glad that it worked out for you.. As for the rotation of the screen that is your gsensor there is a few factors in this and is not as easy as your calibration problem. This involves knowing how to use ADB and what drivers your tablet uses as well as installing them and editing your script.fex file and even your gsensor.cfg (For gsensor go to /system/usr/gsensor.cfg). line change values on x,y till your gsensor is ok

Google Store Get and RUN: Terminal Emulator.

Then Type: su (ROOT USERS you need to have a rooted device to use this command for root.)

After doing so (hit enter)

Type: lsmod (hit enter)

Type: cat /proc/partitions (hit enter)

Type: busybox df -h (hit enter) (Busybox needs to be installed for this).

These commands should list your drivers & partitions that you will need to list here but from your ORIG stock ROM is when you need to list these commands other wise none of this will be useful. You need to do this with your stock ROM that belongs to your Tablet so you know the correct drivers that are being loaded/used cause if you do it right now you will only be listing the drivers for the ROM you have installed now and not all of them are the correct ones for your Tablet.

I can try to help but this is a little harder then just 1,2,3 done. So with that said you will need your stock ROM installed and run the commands I mentioned above also you need to list your FULL specs of your tablet here. There is a nice little program in Google Store that will have all the information you need is called: --->> CPU Identifier

For now I will wait your reply to see if you know what I am talking about as far as I have have listed here as well as making sure you have all that is needed to do this.

Tools TOGET
==========
Busybox
CPU Identifier
Terminal Emulator
Uberizer ( You can download the latest version from this link here and even find more help to your problem: http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=7477.0 )

- orbit
My Phones: SGP GT-S5300 & SGP GT-S5301
MY WORK

ROM: DarkOrbit ROM v 4.5 By: Me (orbit)
DarkOrbit ROM is a Modified STOCK ROM (S5300XXLJ4) for the SGP GT-S5300
Kernels Used: vM00Kernelv1.10 By vM00| Getux_Kernel_v1.5 By:cleverior.ipul | Infuzion#2 By: _pxD.aa
Full Credits: To be given once DarkOrbit ROM v4.5 has been officially posted and released!
Hit The Thanks Button If I Helped, It's 100% FREE!

himesh26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitA13 View Post
I'm glad that it worked out for you.. As for the rotation of the screen that is your gsensor there is a few factors in this and is not as easy as your calibration problem. This involves knowing how to use ADB and what drivers your tablet uses as well as installing them and editing your script.fex file and even your gsensor.cfg (For gsensor go to /system/usr/gsensor.cfg). line change values on x,y till your gsensor is ok

Google Store Get and RUN: Terminal Emulator.

Then Type: su (ROOT USERS you need to have a rooted device to use this command for root.)

After doing so (hit enter)

Type: lsmod (hit enter)

Type: cat /proc/partitions (hit enter)

Type: busybox df -h (hit enter) (Busybox needs to be installed for this).

These commands should list your drivers & partitions that you will need to list here but from your ORIG stock ROM is when you need to list these commands other wise none of this will be useful. You need to do this with your stock ROM that belongs to your Tablet so you know the correct drivers that are being loaded/used cause if you do it right now you will only be listing the drivers for the ROM you have installed now and not all of them are the correct ones for your Tablet.

I can try to help but this is a little harder then just 1,2,3 done. So with that said you will need your stock ROM installed and run the commands I mentioned above also you need to list your FULL specs of your tablet here. There is a nice little program in Google Store that will have all the information you need is called: --->> CPU Identifier

For now I will wait your reply to see if you know what I am talking about as far as I have have listed here as well as making sure you have all that is needed to do this.

Tools TOGET
==========
Busybox
CPU Identifier
Terminal Emulator
Uberizer ( You can download the latest version from this link here and even find more help to your problem: http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=7477.0 )

- orbit
The problem is I don't know where to get the stock rom for my tablet as I know very little about it. I know that the tablets model number was TWD_MID and the tablet is 7 inches. I also found out that some allwinner a13 roms worked on it though there were always function problems (most of the time the touch screen didn't work so I had to resort to using an otg cable). Any way you could point me in the right direction?

Thanks for all the help