No registration required

Angry Successfully Rooted Ubislate 7ci and installed ClockWorkMod

OP srinivask82

15th January 2013, 04:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

30 posts
ROOTING your Ubislate 7ci

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet and of course your guarantee will be void

I found this awesome guide in http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=517426, updated by baudi, I followed the steps to install the adb driver in my laptop and my Ubislate showed up in adb prompt

If windows cannot install driver automatically, choose the option to select it from a directory and point it to the Android SDK.

I did not use the unlockroot.com option though, I used the attached file, with instructions from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929822

It worked for me and I have a rooted Ubislate 7ci. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet and of course your guarantee will be void
Last edited by srinivask82; 4th April 2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Changed thread title
The Following User Says Thank You to srinivask82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

30 posts
Thumbs up ClockWorkMod recovery working
I have used the attached file to install ClockWorkMod recovery. As always, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet.

This is not custom written for Ubisate 7ci. This is CWM recovery provided for A13 tablets, which works in Ubislate, since the kernel is similar / same. PLEASE NOTE, since Ubisate 7ci does not have a hardware back button, we cannot use it effectively.

VOL INCREASE - UP
VOL DECREASE - DOWN
POWER - SELECT

After performing the required action, for example backup, press VOL DECREASE and POWER at the same time to shutdown the tablet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM_Recovery_Manta_MID08_windows_install.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.42 MB, 1548 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to srinivask82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 09:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Panipat(Haryana)
Thanks Meter: 120

315 posts
More
Can you tell me the kernel version and other hardware of your device , i have 7c+ and looking for working CWM recovery so if same will work for me that would be great. Otherwise if you have any recovery detail about 7C+ then please share... I dont even know how to boot into recovery
24th February 2013, 03:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag amritsar
Thanks Meter: 81

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivask82

I have used the attached file to install ClockWorkMod recovery. As always, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet.

This is not custom written for Ubisate 7ci. This is CWM recovery provided for A13 tablets, which works in Ubislate, since the kernel is similar / same. PLEASE NOTE, since Ubisate 7ci does not have a hardware back button, we cannot use it effectively.

VOL INCREASE - UP
VOL DECREASE - DOWN
POWER - SELECT

After performing the required action, for example backup, press VOL DECREASE and POWER at the same time to shutdown the tablet.

will it work on 7c+ ?
25th February 2013, 05:54 PM   |  #5  
Flag amritsar
Thanks Meter: 81

199 posts
Quote:

VOL INCREASE - UP
VOL DECREASE - DOWN
POWER - SELECT

will this work on ubislate 7c+ ?"
28th February 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 172

765 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsav17

will this work on ubislate 7c+ ?"

Anybody? Will this work for Ubislate 7C+?
1st March 2013, 08:39 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.chobhe

Anybody? Will this work for Ubislate 7C+?

There are lot of threads to root 7C+ (Gingerbread). I am not sure this will work, this is tested only in ICS.
The Following User Says Thank You to srinivask82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2013, 10:03 AM   |  #8  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 172

765 posts
More
Re: Successfully Rooted Ubislate 7ci
Can you please post links? I searched a lot but couldn't find even a single one.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
4th March 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:

Can you please post links? I searched a lot but couldn't find even a single one.

Thanks in advance...

I got Ubislate 7+ and 7C+ confused. Sorry about that

Ubislate 7C+ shares the same specs as 7Ci other than the GPRS module, so this root should work, in theory. As always, use it at your discretion
4th March 2013, 01:03 PM   |  #10  
Flag Panipat(Haryana)
Thanks Meter: 120

315 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks in advance...

Quote:

I got Ubislate 7+ and 7C+ confused. Sorry about that

Ubislate 7C+ shares the same specs as 7Ci other than the GPRS module, so this root should work, in theory. As always, use it at your discretion

Guys If you dont mind can you please install SuperSu or Root Checker App from Play Store And check your Tab is already rooted... because i got 2 7C+ and both are rooted and overclocked...
Please check and confirm...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread