Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 48,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root problem

Tip us?

Ravi Sandis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Root problem

Please help me.....
I'm using XOLO A500S......
I'm trying to root my device with framaroot application......and install "super su" and when i open "super su" app its says "su binary" needs to be update......
I'm click continue.....
After clicking on continue its says normal update or TWRP /CWM.....
I'm click on normal update.....
But after a while its failed.......
and i tried TWRP /CWM but its also not working.......

Sent from my A500S_IPS using xda app-developers app

android_digger
Old
Thanks Meter 6
If Framaroot root appbsaid successful root then its rooted...just check it using root checker app...
The Following User Says Thank You to android_digger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajnabicancer
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Sandis View Post
Please help me.....
I'm using XOLO A500S......
I'm trying to root my device with framaroot application......and install "super su" and when i open "super su" app its says "su binary" needs to be update......
I'm click continue.....
After clicking on continue its says normal update or TWRP /CWM.....
I'm click on normal update.....
But after a while its failed.......
and i tried TWRP /CWM but its also not working.......

Sent from my A500S_IPS using xda app-developers app
hi, i also rooted my device with framaroot and it's working fine without updating.
In case framaroot is asking for update after rooting and rebooting device. then try this. do not update it (it's not that update will work or not, i don't know. coz maybe i also missed something while updating). install some app to check for device root status. in case it's rooted, then do not update. and use it in same condition until you know what options to select and what needs to be taken care of for how to update.

for me it's working fine without updating. i don't recommend to do same as mine, i shared what worked for me. maybe it effect or maybe not but still working fine for me. wait for more replies....
The Following User Says Thank You to ajnabicancer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ravi Sandis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Framaroot says super su installed....
And super su was installed but root checker says this device not have proper root access......
Framaroot is not asking me to update but the super su app says that su binary needs to be update......

Sent from my A500S_IPS using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ajnabicancer
Old
(Last edited by ajnabicancer; 5th September 2014 at 09:02 PM.) Reason: updating....
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Sandis View Post
Framaroot says super su installed....
And super su was installed but root checker says this device not have proper root access......
Framaroot is not asking me to update but the super su app says that su binary needs to be update......

Sent from my A500S_IPS using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
what version of framaroot and which exploit method did you try?
i used 'Framaroot 1.9.2'.

without su binary update, try other exploit method. in case result is same. unroot your device and uninstall. install again, root, reboot and check root status again and respond.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

for me, it did same. told me that it's successful but with root checker, it showed not proper rooted. then i tried other exploits too. other than boromir. to be honest i make experiments. after using other exploits it did worked then i unrooted, uninstalled and used boromir and it worked too....

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

i used 'Framaroot 1.9.2'.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Download Link 1 - Framaroot 1.9.2

Download Link 2 - Framaroot 1.9.2
The Following User Says Thank You to ajnabicancer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]