[Q] Com.android.keyguard consuming loads of RAM...

13th August 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hello all!!!

Recently I rooted my phone, a Galaxy S4. Anyway, I've been in the process of freezing apps and services. I noticed that the com.android.keyguard service is consuming the largest portion of RAM, usually around 500-700mb. I am cautious when disabling services and being that this is a system service, I wondered if it could be frozen without crashing my phone. I get slowdowns and hangs here and there and figured out that ending that process with CCleaner makes my phone immediately speed up. Any ideas are appreciated...
Last edited by ioniancat21; 13th August 2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Typo
14th August 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
I just wanted to update you all on my progress and what I discovered. Since nobody replied to this message, maybe it was a little too advanced for this section of the forum and was misplaced so I apologize. Anyway, I did more reading and gathered that the service could be frozen, however, you lose the ability to lock your screen along with the home button functionality and the menus that are offered with it. What you can gain is a marked increase in performance. On average this service was consuming over a quarter of my total RAM and when it approached around 40% of memory, stalled and hung up my phone forcing me to hard restart my phone. Since then, it no longer occurs. If you don't need a password or the home button and find your phone performing like mine, this is a viable way to achieve a performance boost. Post below if others find this helpful as many have discussed this topic but never came to any conclusions.
17th August 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
I wanted to keep you all up on my findings and they're positive. Not only have I not had a slowdown or lockup, I've also gained a load of battery life. I was fully charged and only consumed 3% of the power using my phone lightly over a 10 hour period. It's very promising. I've seen discussion here concerning this service but the focus is on disabling the lockscreen while keeping the home button functionality. Please comment if this is helpful...
17th August 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #4  

75 posts
Try to restore factory Settings?
18th August 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpgugezhanghu

Try to restore factory Settings?

I never thought to do that because other than the hangs and slowdowns, the phone performed normally. Thinking back though, these problems started to effect me more after installing the upgrade to kitkat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread