Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Got confused updating hyperdrive on S4

OP Denots

11th July 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Let me start this by saying Its been awhile since i rooted or did anything on my phone. When i bought my S4 i came here and followed instructions to root it, i dont remember what they were but I do remember the chinese program vroot and changing whatever it was to MJ7. Then I installed or flashed (sorry dont know the lingo) hyperdrive 15.

A few days ago i noticed there was an update for hyperdrive to v17, found "Hyperdrive+RLS17.1+KK+S4+Final.zip" and downloaded it. Rebooted safestrap into recovery then messed up the order of installing from zip, data wipe/factory reset and clearing cache. It took a few tries but it finally booted up and i had to enter email again to activate the phone so i thought i was good to go.

I checked the "about phone" and it seems to me im on the same hyperdrive15.I keep running into a problem installing safestrap. It says im not rooted so I started going though the same walkthrough I think i did before. VRoot_1.7.0.3882_Setup was having trouble seeing my phone then never really completed, (Im guessing but it is in chinese) Still no root.

Heres a couple screenshot since i dont really know where exactly I am. What do i need to do to get back to rooted?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-10-21-20-42.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	2844828Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-10-21-21-07.png
Views:	3
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	2844829
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread