No registration required

Custom-made android phone and software

OP Mr_P1nk_B4lls

1st August 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Im very sorry if this doesn't go here but since I couldn't find any forum related to custom-built phones I gave it a shot.

Ok the thing is I recieved a Custom-made android phablet a few months ago. It's a model made by a non-technological company in a political stunt to promote better education in Puerto Rico and to "modernize the classroom environment and how class is taught." And even though only public schools (I go to private) had these benefits I managed to get a hold of one and after months I decided to try it.

But the ugly truth is These "phablets" are just a somewhat mediocre 2011-12 technology with a custom android 4.3 slapped on top. The downside is that the Android version doesn't come with any of google's services and apps and because of it being custom-built No apps are compatible with it.

I managed to download the Google now and chrome apks but they don't run/aren't compatible.

After all that backstory What I mean to ask is:

-Is it possible to activate google apps and services from the phone without taking out it's original version? (After all it's running Jellybean)

If not:

-Is it possible to root the phone and flash another version of android that's a bit more "supportive" of apps?

Or do you simply have any other ideas as of how can I make it a normal android phablet? Im planning on giving it to my little brother after fixing it up.

Thank you in advance and again, I'm sorry if I posted this where it doesn't belong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread