No registration required

[Q] Will a custom ROM solve my issue?

OP Weisia

21st August 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello,

Got an Asus Memo pad HD 7, rooted. Yesterday made a hard reset and after reboot I noticed two issues: the home button isn't responding (it does make the click sound, but does not what is supposed to do: return). The other buttons are working fine. The other thing is I can't seem to copy or click links in apps or on a site. Sometimes the link does seem to open but then the browser will have a blank screen. I wonder if flashing a rom like superdragon's (this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2503668) can solve my problem? I already tried hard resetting the tablet a couple of times-> no result
21st August 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisia

Hello,

Got an Asus Memo pad HD 7, rooted. Yesterday made a hard reset and after reboot I noticed two issues: the home button isn't responding (it does make the click sound, but does not what is supposed to do: return). The other buttons are working fine. The other thing is I can't seem to copy or click links in apps or on a site. Sometimes the link does seem to open but then the browser will have a blank screen. I wonder if flashing a rom like superdragon's (this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2503668) can solve my problem? I already tried hard resetting the tablet a couple of times-> no result

Quote:

Here are some diagnostic aids for you...
1) Does the home button (assuming you are referring to the small house logo that is part of the OS) not work in both portrait & landscape orientation?
2) If it fails only in one then you may have a hardware problem related to the screen (if so see 3 & 4). If it fails in both, then you almost certainly have a software problem (for which, see 3)
3) You say you have "tried to fully reset your tablet". If that doesn't mean a full Factory Reset from settings, then that is what I suggest you do next - we have a step by step guide on the process, linked from the Master Help Guide (see link in my signature, below).
4) If you need this step, then you will have done both a full Factory Reset from settings of the OS & also determined that the home button doesn't work in either portrait or landscape orientation. In this case you have done all you can do IMO & you should contact with your retailer or Asus for a warranty repair claim.

Original post: Click Here
21st August 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thank you for your reply. Doing a full reset several times doesn't solve the isssue, even after several resets. It is the home button as you described. Does not work in landscape or portrait mode. Because I have rooted my tablet it is of no use to ask ASUS for help I think. If it would be a software issue then it should be solved with a new ROM, right? Or am I missing an important point?
23rd August 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisia

Thank you for your reply. Doing a full reset several times doesn't solve the isssue, even after several resets. It is the home button as you described. Does not work in landscape or portrait mode. Because I have rooted my tablet it is of no use to ask ASUS for help I think. If it would be a software issue then it should be solved with a new ROM, right? Or am I missing an important point?

i'm not sure about issue. In case of software issue maybe maybe ROM could be a solution but according to quote i my last reply. it could be hardware issue too.

So, i'll not suggest to flash ROM/Firmware before making sure about the real problem/fault. Well, regarding 'Root" which voids your device warranty.I don't know what method you applied to 'Root' your device but.... In case you used 'Framaroot' then you can 'UnRoot' to get your warranty back : p. So, it depends on what method you used and i think it is possible to UnRoot. Just look for information on UnRooting with what app/software you used.

here some links:
[RECOVERY] [ROMs] ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 (me173x) [MT8125] [MULTILANG]

ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7

Above links contain Custom ROMs.

So, again i'll not suggest flashing ROM/Firmware as a first priority. Better try to figure out fault first and you know else.... hope, you got the idea.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread