[Q] [HELP] Camera And Gallery Deleted from the System

27th August 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Can someone give me a stock 4.2.2 gallery2.apk.. It seemed that the apk I tried to install was the google camera.. I tried everything to fix it. I didnt know it would replace the Gallery2.apk. Since it replaced that apk my camera doesnt work.. The flashlight too doesnt work... Until I finally decided to delete the gallery2.apk which was the google camera with photosperes and etc. Now... I dont have a gallery and a camera.. Its missing in my app drawer now. And I cant seem to change my wallpaper using the google now launcher. Can someone please give me a gallery2.apk.. With no photospheres.. Just a really stock 4.2.2 camera.. My camera has gyroscope but I dont think it supports photosphere. And oh by the way myphone is a rooted Starmobile Octa.. A good help would be really nice if someone out there has the same problem with me
27th August 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Additional info
THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS LIKE

additional info.. my camera UI looks like this... so if anyone out there that has the same look with my camera please send me a gallery2.apk
27th August 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Hi,
Just download a ROM for your device and unzip it. Look for the system apk files in the /system/app folder and install it. Try also installing as system app.

Or just flash your ROM again. Google for some tutorials to do this.

Hope this is helpfull.
27th August 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #4  

9 posts
More
I had done something similar on my S3 Mini GT-I8200N trying to replace the disgusting SystemUI on the stock ROM (No 4.4 ROMS available yet unfortunately), after I pulled out the SystemUI.apk from a random CM10.1 ROM for the GT-I9300.
Now I deleted the original SystemUI and I pissed Android off, as the new systemUI would crash on a attempt to launch.

Now to begin with, what phone do you have? Are you running stock or anything?
That would be a decent help in case anyone has the tools (and the privilege) to tear the camera and gallery application out of a package.
28th August 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergerrit

Hi,
Just download a ROM for your device and unzip it. Look for the system apk files in the /system/app folder and install it. Try also installing as system app.

Or just flash your ROM again. Google for some tutorials to do this.

Hope this is helpfull.

HI.. im kinda newbie.. and I download a gallery2.apk from a kitkat rom.. i dont know where to find a gallery2.apk that is really for my phone since the gallery2.apk i download keeps crashing and camera wont open.. and the gallery opens but it never gives me a preview of the front picture of the folder of the gallery.. its just plain black.. i removed my new gallery2.apk... and I hope someone out there has a stock gallery2.apk if not... a much better gallery2.apk that makes my camera work again... and also my flashlight wont work
28th August 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
My Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vierkantdel

I had done something similar on my S3 Mini GT-I8200N trying to replace the disgusting SystemUI on the stock ROM (No 4.4 ROMS available yet unfortunately), after I pulled out the SystemUI.apk from a random CM10.1 ROM for the GT-I9300.
Now I deleted the original SystemUI and I pissed Android off, as the new systemUI would crash on a attempt to launch.

Now to begin with, what phone do you have? Are you running stock or anything?
That would be a decent help in case anyone has the tools (and the privilege) to tear the camera and gallery application out of a package.

Im still running on stock since i dont know how to flash a custom rom to my phone if someone could just give me a download link of a rom to flash and then teach me how to flash... then thatll be easy.. by now.. i just want a stock gallery2.apk since my new googlegallery.apk is always crashing... it wont open the camera.. it wont open the flashlight.. it never gives me the preview of the pictures of the front folders.. is just folders with blank image on it.. and if you could give me a stock gallery2.apk for my phone.. i would be so happy.. and if you could give me a custom rom to flash to my phone.. much much better... hmmmmmmph. the name of my phone is Starmobile OCTA... its a rebrand from Indias. IQX Mobile OCTO... I hope you could help me through the process.. and oh.. by the systemui.apk problem... i encountered that problem too... I just gave it to the company and they gave me a last chance to use my warranty eventhough I was rooted at that time
28th August 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #7  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaForTheWin

HI.. im kinda newbie.. and I download a gallery2.apk from a kitkat rom.. i dont know where to find a gallery2.apk that is really for my phone since the gallery2.apk i download keeps crashing and camera wont open.. and the gallery opens but it never gives me a preview of the front picture of the folder of the gallery.. its just plain black.. i removed my new gallery2.apk... and I hope someone out there has a stock gallery2.apk if not... a much better gallery2.apk that makes my camera work again... and also my flashlight wont work

I don't know if it works but in the attachment is a *.zip file. In the zip file is the gallery2.apk and camera2.apk from a kitkat ROM. Install it as a system application.
Attached Files
File Type: zip apps.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.97 MB, 3 views)
28th August 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #8  

15 posts
You need to meet Titanium Backup.
28th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergerrit

I don't know if it works but in the attachment is a *.zip file. In the zip file is the gallery2.apk and camera2.apk from a kitkat ROM. Install it as a system application.

Thanks so much for the try.. But the gallery app still wont give me a preview of the firat pictures in the folders in the gallery.. And the camera apk.. You added.. Wont launch.. It is installed as a system file but just wont launch
28th August 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #10  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaForTheWin

Thanks so much for the try.. But the gallery app still wont give me a preview of the firat pictures in the folders in the gallery.. And the camera apk.. You added.. Wont launch.. It is installed as a system file but just wont launch

I don't no anything else than flashing your ROM again. You have to google a lot to find a stock/custom ROM for your phone.

After downloading the rom, look at google for some good guides to flash ROMs. There are lots of them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread