No registration required

[Q] cyanogenmod install on galaxy captivate

OP garronel

6th August 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello

I am trying to install cyanogenmod 9.1.0 on my galaxy captivate running eclair 2.1-update1.My phone is rooted and have CWM which was installed using update.zip.I am looking for a method that involves using cwm to unzip rom package. When I unzipped cm 9.1.0 using cwm my phone went into a boot loop. I made sure to wipe data/factory reset but didn't wipe cache or anything.Could this have caused the boot loop.Is there something else I did wrong? I restored phone using Odin3 one click so it is back now to eclair 2.1.

I have searched but cannot find any solution as to what I may be doing wrong.

Again I would like to avoid anything that involves flashing with Odin or ROM manager but if there is a proven solution I am willing to try!
Oh I am pretty new to all this stuff and this is my first time doing this but I usually follow instructions pretty well.

Any help will be appreciated!
9th August 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 950

2,007 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronel

Hello

I am trying to install cyanogenmod 9.1.0 on my galaxy captivate running eclair 2.1-update1.My phone is rooted and have CWM which was installed using update.zip.I am looking for a method that involves using cwm to unzip rom package. When I unzipped cm 9.1.0 using cwm my phone went into a boot loop. I made sure to wipe data/factory reset but didn't wipe cache or anything.Could this have caused the boot loop.Is there something else I did wrong? I restored phone using Odin3 one click so it is back now to eclair 2.1.

I have searched but cannot find any solution as to what I may be doing wrong.

Again I would like to avoid anything that involves flashing with Odin or ROM manager but if there is a proven solution I am willing to try!
Oh I am pretty new to all this stuff and this is my first time doing this but I usually follow instructions pretty well.

Any help will be appreciated!

you need to wipe cache, dalvic cache and format system ( i prefer 3 times each to make sure its clean).
if that doesnt help, i dont know what else you could try.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread