Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cyanogenmod install on galaxy captivate

Tip us?

garronel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] cyanogenmod install on galaxy captivate

Hello

I am trying to install cyanogenmod 9.1.0 on my galaxy captivate running eclair 2.1-update1.My phone is rooted and have CWM which was installed using update.zip.I am looking for a method that involves using cwm to unzip rom package. When I unzipped cm 9.1.0 using cwm my phone went into a boot loop. I made sure to wipe data/factory reset but didn't wipe cache or anything.Could this have caused the boot loop.Is there something else I did wrong? I restored phone using Odin3 one click so it is back now to eclair 2.1.

I have searched but cannot find any solution as to what I may be doing wrong.

Again I would like to avoid anything that involves flashing with Odin or ROM manager but if there is a proven solution I am willing to try!
Oh I am pretty new to all this stuff and this is my first time doing this but I usually follow instructions pretty well.

Any help will be appreciated!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronel View Post
Hello

I am trying to install cyanogenmod 9.1.0 on my galaxy captivate running eclair 2.1-update1.My phone is rooted and have CWM which was installed using update.zip.I am looking for a method that involves using cwm to unzip rom package. When I unzipped cm 9.1.0 using cwm my phone went into a boot loop. I made sure to wipe data/factory reset but didn't wipe cache or anything.Could this have caused the boot loop.Is there something else I did wrong? I restored phone using Odin3 one click so it is back now to eclair 2.1.

I have searched but cannot find any solution as to what I may be doing wrong.

Again I would like to avoid anything that involves flashing with Odin or ROM manager but if there is a proven solution I am willing to try!
Oh I am pretty new to all this stuff and this is my first time doing this but I usually follow instructions pretty well.

Any help will be appreciated!
you need to wipe cache, dalvic cache and format system ( i prefer 3 times each to make sure its clean).
if that doesnt help, i dont know what else you could try.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here