FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

What in my data partition prevents writes to internal storage?

28th February 2015, 06:52 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 417

More
There is something in my data partition that prevents writes to the internal "virtual SD" storage. For instance, Google Camera requests that I insert an SD card for my device (Moto X 2014), which is absurd as there is no SD slot. If I factory reset, writes work just fine as well as Google Camera. If I restore my TWRP data partition only, the problem returns. Any ideas? I feel its probably a simple problem to correct, but I can't seem to nail it.

28th February 2015, 08:32 PM |#2  
Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 14,010

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by floepie

There is something in my data partition that prevents writes to the internal "virtual SD" storage. For instance, Google Camera requests that I insert an SD card for my device (Moto X 2014), which is absurd as there is no SD slot. If I factory reset, writes work just fine as well as Google Camera. If I restore my TWRP data partition only, the problem returns. Any ideas? I feel its probably a simple problem to correct, but I can't seem to nail it.

Well I would TIBU the apps you want and then restore them one by one and find the issue. Never use a recovery to restore a system or data partition. This is just asking for corruption issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread