Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Disable Force Shutdown/Power Off From Long-press Power Key

OP MHarris333

1st September 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Hi all, wanting to make my phone completely thief-proof here, and one of the things I'm wanting to disable is the ability to force-shutdown the phone by pressing and holding the power button.

Is there an Xposed or anything that can negate this? or is it, as I fear, just a hardware configuration that cannot be stopped? If this is the case, can a tasker task that disables the power button when my phone disconnects from my Smartwatch be a solution? I use a OnePlus One so not having the power button functioning when I don't have my Smartwatch is not an issue because I can double-tap the screen to wake it.

Anyways, simply want to disable someone from being able to power off the phone if they take it and don't know my passcode (I already have a fake power-off popup when the phone is locked, so all that is left is to make it so that a thief can't force the phone off).

OR, failing this, worst case scenario, can I put a password on TWRP recovery so that my phone can't be reset if it is powered off?

Thanks,
Michael

(Device: OnePlus One - ROOTED)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread