MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Dual-boot Android and Windows

22nd August 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bucharest, Romania
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Hello,

It's posibble to install Windows [preferably Windows 8.1. FULL] on an Android Tablet from Samsung [Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition]? Even dual-boot with Android and Windows 8.1. . I don't know if this is can do, but deserved to ask.

Sry for my bad English.
22nd August 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
You want to run windows8 rt?
22nd August 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saint-Omer
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
I think there's only Windows RT (8 and 8.1) that can run on ARM powered devices. For a full Windows 8.1 you'd need a x86 or x64 device, so forget Samsung. It's been some time now that Intel produce x86 powered Android devices but I don't know if you can make a platform that would work for both OS.
23rd August 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sunapee, New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 59

364 posts
Donate to Me
More
Windows 8 and 8.1 only run on x86 or amd64 processors, not arm. And windows rt, which does run on arm, only runs with a microsoft signed, locked bootloader. If a device doesn't come with windows rt it won't be able to run it.
23rd August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Saint-Omer
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwave

And windows rt, which does run on arm, only runs with a microsoft signed, locked bootloader. If a device doesn't come with windows rt it won't be able to run it.

So the solution would be to be able to unlock a winrt tab and install a android os on it.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by classicalpunk; 23rd August 2014 at 05:26 PM.
23rd August 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sunapee, New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 59

364 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalpunk

So the solution would be to be able to unlock a winrt tab and install a android os on it.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

or get a windows 8 tablet and install android x86 on it, as unlocking a tablet with windows rt seems like it would be really hard...though from a google search it does seem possible to jailbreak a surface rt, I just don't know how well it would dual boot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank