Equalizer apps not working

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 32
By iPzard, Member on 29th August 2014, 02:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
-The current stock equalizer only offers options for Bass & Treble and "Lound" (Loud?.. it adds loudness). When volume is up it sounds like portion of sounds is missing (quite midrange effect)
-Currently I am not able to use any equalizer app except the one that comes stock with the ROM
-When installing equalizers, some fail to open and are forced to close; others install but simply do nothing when changing the settings

Disabled stock EQ app in settings and cleared data/cache - Alternate equalizer apps still did not work
Disabled stock music player app in setting and cleared data/cache - Alternate equalizer apps still did not work
Looked for 'Settings>Sound>Music Effects' option to switch to new equalizer being used - 'Music Effects' option does not exist for this build
Attempted using music player apps with equalizers built into them - equalizer option in app doesn't show - other apps like this just don't start (they are forced to close when starting)

-Model: SNT-210
-System Version: 4.4.2-20140516-sntb-HOMEMADE
-Kernel Version: 3.0.101-gdaab9de-dirty
QDroid@DevServer #46
-Build Number: omni_sntb-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.QDroid.20140516.133512 test-keys
-Basband Version: Unknown

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve the issue? If they would have included a good stock EQ it would be nice..
If anyone knows where I can find good custom rom(s) for this device that may also be helpful.

UPDATE - I got Poweramp working on there, equalizer and all! It doesn't sound the best, would be better if I had more options but gonna try to make due with this.
Last edited by iPzard; 29th August 2014 at 06:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iPzard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2015, 08:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5
This is a cusptech head unit right?
It is a little bit late but I got a solution for you.
They simply did a very bad job in editing their config files. Check the file audio_effects.conf in /system/vendor/etc.
Simply delete it(or move it if you like a backup). After rebooting you will be able to install any Equalizer that you want. I am using Viper4Android since a year without any problems.

But even with viper or poweramp equalizer, the sound of these units are distorted, the mesured frequency response is a joke. I could not even correct it with an external DSP.
The way I am trying now is to plug a USB DAC(like hifimediy) to the system and bypass all the sound processing crap that they have implemented on their mainboard, espcially the TM2312 chip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread