OP ddd3astra

27th August 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
Hi,

I have a 32GB microSD card that some how got corrupted transferring files between my Windows 7 PC and my Asus TF300 Android tablet. Fortunately, it is a SanDisk card and they are willing to replace it for me, but there was personal information on that card and I would rather they not try to recover the files on that card or even have access to them.

As far as I can tell, the on-board controller is bad, but all of the actual data is still just sitting there on the card. So far, I haven't been able to access the files or format the card with Windows, Linux, or Android, both in a microSD slot on a tablet/phone or in a card reader with an SD adapter. Most of the time, the device won't even recognize it as a valid SD card and when it does, I get an I/O error. Windows "Format" tells me that it has an "unknown size" and can't do anything with it.

Most of the information I have found tells me what to do with corrupt files, but not a corrupt card. Does anyone know of either a way to recover the card or any way to erase the data without having access to the card itself?

Thanks,
Don
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
microsd
Previous Thread Next Thread