FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[Q] No Fastboot No Recovery .. Is it dead ?

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By BerayekZ, Junior Member on 2nd June 2015, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
While i was trying to install the latest official rom to my device (The new Padfone Infinity A86 T004) it is bricked, Now i am facing a very bad (miserable) situation.
When turning on the device it shows me the ASUS logo and in top of the screen a message says : ERROR: Can not boot Invalid boot image!!
And my big problem is that i can't access any of ADB, recovery mode or even fastboot. the phone is undetectable by my PC at all.

I don't know how to force fastboot ... if i can reach the beautiful fastboot mode i will be able to handle the next steps in the fixing journey.

I have red that as long as the device shows something it means that it is not totally bricked .. but how to get out of this situation?
Any suggestions ?
The Following User Says Thank You to BerayekZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd June 2015, 12:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Lightbulb
Sorry my englsih is´nt good.
So you can´t broken your phone with OTA Updates
You can delet all files and sysfile and the asus isn´t broken.
you just need patience.

make sure you have the correct driver

turn off your phone,
press vloume up and power, so the phone stay with boot logo, so you are in the fastboot mode.
there you can use my exploit btw the howto downgrade A86, but the downgrade dosent works.
so unzip the newest rom .zip out of asus page....
copy the boot.img and recovery.img in your minimal fast adb folder
so you can:
c:\ADB>fastboot -w ( really wipe all partions and data of your phone!)

c:\ADB\fastboot flash boot boot.img
c:\ADB>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

copy the complete OTA Update Zip on your phone (internal sd or external is matter)

reboot phone and install the zip out of recovery.
there may be errors come to the first, if that should be the case
then repeat the case up to 3 times

I hope you can read and understand it .

if you need further assistance , please contact me at any time , like even on my homepage lange23.de

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerayekZ

While i was trying to install the latest official rom to my device (The new Padfone Infinity A86 T004) it is bricked, Now i am facing a very bad (miserable) situation.
When turning on the device it shows me the ASUS logo and in top of the screen a message says : ERROR: Can not boot Invalid boot image!!
And my big problem is that i can't access any of ADB, recovery mode or even fastboot. the phone is undetectable by my PC at all.

I don't know how to force fastboot ... if i can reach the beautiful fastboot mode i will be able to handle the next steps in the fixing journey.

I have red that as long as the device shows something it means that it is not totally bricked .. but how to get out of this situation?
Any suggestions ?

2nd June 2015, 12:56 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you for your help.
The issue is that the phone now is not detected by the pc at all , i can not access the fast boot ...
2nd June 2015, 02:12 PM |#4  

More
Do you really pressed Volume up and Power at the same time, if startet???
If the phone during normal start at the stops bootlogo that's not fastboot!!!
Turn really off an than hold volume up an press Powerbutton, hold it up to boot logo.
then you are really in fastboot mode!

Quote:

Thank you for your help.
The issue is that the phone now is not detected by the pc at all , i can not access the fast boot ...

2nd June 2015, 02:31 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
after turning off
when i press volume up + power button the phone vibrates and the asus logo displayed. then i release power button and keep pressing volume up button => and after 1 second an error appears ERROR: Can not load Invalid boot image!!

when pressing power button + volume down button a menu appears with two options 1.Enter recovery mode and 2.Exit update mode.
when choosing option 1 , the menu disappeared and the asus logo appears without the previous error message.
when choosing option 2 , the the menu disappeared and the asus logo appears and the previous error message.

all these cases the phone didn't go to fastboot mode and never detected by the pc.
2nd June 2015, 03:11 PM |#6  

More
when i press volume up + power button the phone vibrates and the asus logo displayed. then i release power button and keep pressing volume up button don´t keep pressing volume up,
fasboot mode only power & up, until the logo. Pressing this two to logo and then left them. the logo sty tuned in display so you re in fastboot
if you pressing up too jump in question menü,
if you pressing at startup power & down jumped directly into question menü, but this menü is wrong for you. you need only fastboot nothing more

Quote:

after turning off
when i press volume up + power button the phone vibrates and the asus logo displayed. then i release power button and keep pressing volume up button => and after 1 second an error appears ERROR: Can not load Invalid boot image!!

when pressing power button + volume down button a menu appears with two options 1.Enter recovery mode and 2.Exit update mode.
when choosing option 1 , the menu disappeared and the asus logo appears without the previous error message.
when choosing option 2 , the the menu disappeared and the asus logo appears and the previous error message.

all these cases the phone didn't go to fastboot mode and never detected by the pc.

2nd June 2015, 03:17 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
keep pressing on volume up button is not jumping in question menü, but shows logo + error message (can not load invalid boot image)
also pressing them to logo then releasing also shows logo + the error message.
i am also uploading a video to youtube to verify..
Last edited by BerayekZ; 2nd June 2015 at 03:25 PM.
2nd June 2015, 03:34 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
https://youtu.be/uw4Esyppq_c
2nd June 2015, 06:12 PM |#9  

More
and without recovery its right?
And with error message and logo your pc find nothing new unkown devices?
CMCC Composite ADB Interface?
?

Quote:

https://youtu.be/uw4Esyppq_c

2nd June 2015, 09:00 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Yes, no recovery
And yes PC does not find any new devices
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread