Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 47,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I have a Flashable Zip?

Tip us?

xstormli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Cloud Search [Q] Can I have a Flashable Zip?

Hi all the great ppl out there!!!

All I want is just a simple and easy pre-setup'd flashable zip.

as long as it can pushes any files in and fix their permissions to 0644……

I am not sure if all the meta-inf do the same thing.

Really appreciated guys!

LG G3 D855 v10j 32G ROOTED (primary)
SAMSUNG 9502ZNUHNE4 32G DUO-SIM ROOTED (wife)
SAMSUNG N719 16G DUO-SIM root (wife)
HTC ONE X 32G SINGAPORE (sold)
iphone4 16G white & 32G black (spare)
HTC SENSATION G14 (missing~)
Nokia e72 gold (broken)

Android With Attitude
┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐

baboomerang
Old
(Last edited by baboomerang; 18th August 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstormli View Post
Hi all the great ppl out there!!!

All I want is just a simple and easy pre-setup'd flashable zip.

as long as it can pushes any files in and fix their permissions to 0644……

I am not sure if all the meta-inf do the same thing.

Really appreciated guys!
Heres the thing, it would be very risky to make a file that just auto flashes and sets permissions to anything/everything its set to flash with permissions to 0644. You have to manually type the lines out.

There is no syntax that sets the script to do that kind of analysis. I THINK THERE ISN'T.
I assume by old example there was something with if ( directory ) = true then set_perm_recursive?
By thinking of it now, it may be possible, but you can break other stuff un-intentionally.

For example, I want to update something in my core system files to permissions 644. But in this folder there are other critical system files with permissions 0755. I could use set_perm 0,0, 0755, 0644. The folder is set to rwx rx rx and every file inside is set to rw r r. Problem is that if the other files needed other permissions that isnt rw r r, you can cause trouble ranging from small to huge.

This is heavy stuff. I dont think CWM has a syntax smart enough to that level to do such a thing. Still possible though. If you want to take the risk of doing that, then sure go ahead :P.

Excuse me for my bad arrangement of words. Im just really tired.

I can help and provide a zip file with the proper structures set up. All you have to do is learn the syntax for updater-script
then go script!

EDIT: In addition, the partitions for the devices are different across. mmcblk0p19 is system partition ( i think ) on GT-i9505, but thats not the same for every device. Doing what you request may cause bricks when used for different devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to baboomerang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xstormli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by baboomerang View Post
Heres the thing, it would be very risky to make a file that just auto flashes and sets permissions to anything/everything its set to flash with permissions to 0644. You have to manually type the lines out.

There is no syntax that sets the script to do that kind of analysis. I THINK THERE ISN'T.
I assume by old example there was something with if ( directory ) = true then set_perm_recursive?
By thinking of it now, it may be possible, but you can break other stuff un-intentionally.

For example, I want to update something in my core system files to permissions 644. But in this folder there are other critical system files with permissions 0755. I could use set_perm 0,0, 0755, 0644. The folder is set to rwx rx rx and every file inside is set to rw r r. Problem is that if the other files needed other permissions that isnt rw r r, you can cause trouble ranging from small to huge.

This is heavy stuff. I dont think CWM has a syntax smart enough to that level to do such a thing. Still possible though. If you want to take the risk of doing that, then sure go ahead :P.

Excuse me for my bad arrangement of words. Im just really tired.

I can help and provide a zip file with the proper structures set up. All you have to do is learn the syntax for updater-script
then go script!

EDIT: In addition, the partitions for the devices are different across. mmcblk0p19 is system partition ( i think ) on GT-i9505, but thats not the same for every device. Doing what you request may cause bricks when used for different devices.
Thanks for the hints mate. oh well, the thing is that I am not a CS major person, I don't have much knowledge to the script world……I tried to read through SuperSU update-script yesterday, all i can understand is about, let's say, 50%, at most, lol. Is there anything that i can read to enrich my CS knowledge in the world of Android? I would be so proud of myself.

Nokia e72 gold (broken)

Android With Attitude
┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐

baboomerang
Old
Thanks Meter 7
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2377695
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstormli View Post
Thanks for the hints mate. oh well, the thing is that I am not a CS major person, I don't have much knowledge to the script world……I tried to read through SuperSU update-script yesterday, all i can understand is about, let's say, 50%, at most, lol. Is there anything that i can read to enrich my CS knowledge in the world of Android? I would be so proud of myself.
You may not believe me, but this forum post is the only thing I used to learn the script language. Im not even a computer science major. Derp :P

This thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2377695

And this one:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1669489

Also try to make your own script. Noone gets this by first shot. I failed very hard before :P. Just keep practicing. If you need one more tip all I can say is this. When you make a typo in the command for the script, you will almost always get a status 6 error. Like when you miss the semicolon after every action you do. Status 7 can mean many things. Just try and do your best
The Following User Says Thank You to baboomerang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Odlanyer22
Old
(Last edited by Odlanyer22; 19th August 2014 at 05:20 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 1
This one is what might you are looking for.
Open the zip (do not extract)...
Place any file to RootFlasher.zip/system/app when you need to flash apps on system/app like SystemUI.apk
And RootFlasher.zip/system/framework when you need to flash app on system/framework like framework-res.apk
(It auto fix permission to rw-r-r too.)

Just ignore the fonts, media and vendor folder under system folder inside that zip file
(just focus on app and framework folder).
I haven't used before those folder I want you to ignore.

Credits to original developer.
My friend who gave it to me just got this file here on XDA too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RootFlasher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (142.0 KB, 10 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Odlanyer22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xstormli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up I guess this is it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odlanyer22 View Post
This one is what might you are looking for.
Open the zip (do not extract)...
Place any file to RootFlasher.zip/system/app when you need to flash apps on system/app like SystemUI.apk
And RootFlasher.zip/system/framework when you need to flash app on system/framework like framework-res.apk
(It auto fix permission to rw-r-r too.)

Just ignore the fonts, media and vendor folder under system folder inside that zip file
(just focus on app and framework folder).
I haven't used before those folder I want you to ignore.

Credits to original developer.
My friend who gave it to me just got this file here on XDA too.
Thanks buddy! I'll take a look later. I think this is it.

Nokia e72 gold (broken)

Android With Attitude
┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Tags
cwm, flashable zip, meta-inf, recovery, trwp