Folders and files recreating themselves?!

28th August 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Silver City, NM
Thanks Meter: 43

18 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello all!
I ran into an unusual... let's say quirk yesterday on my LG Optimus F3. I plugged my phone into my computer and set it to Media sync mode to move some downloaded pictures from /sdcard/Download onto my pc's hard drive. I cut and pasted the 100 some files where I wanted them to be, at least I thought so. I made a mistake so I hit cancel on the Windows dialog box after it moved about 50 of them. I pasted them again in the spot I wanted this time, and it moved them to my pc's hard drive as expected. Now here's where it gets weird...

I noticed that 49 of the pictures still have entries as an album in my gallery app. But instead of the proper thumbnails, it shows a cracked picture frame icon for all of them. So I open up ES File Explorer and there is 49 .jpg files inside my Download folder, all with a size of zero bytes. I delete them from my Download folder again. Weird, I thought but oh well. they're gone now. However, the next time I open my gallery app, they are back! All 49 blank, 0 byte .jpg files. So I hooked my phone back up to my pc and used Windows Explorer to delete them this time. But they keep coming back! So far I have repeatedly tried these methods as well as deleting them through adb shell, but to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ES File Explorer. I have tried a different file manager app (Astro). I have deleted the gallery3d folder in /sdcard/Android/data. I deleted the entire Downloads folder (it recreates that too). I have even cleared the cache and data for both the gallery and media storage apps. Those 49 files keep regenerating themselves as empty 0 byte files. No other files or folders on either the internal storage or external sd card are affected. I've even done a factory reset/data wipe/cache wipe/dalvik wipe/Rom reflash but they still come back.

Does anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated! The only other thing I can think of to do is repartition the internal storage, but I don't know how to use fdisk or parted and I don't wanna make things even worse by screwing around.

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank